General number plates sticky thingy!

Currently reading:
General number plates sticky thingy!

ianal09

Saving up for parts :(
I was just wondering if there is any other way of displaying the number plates without using the double sided tape as they're so annoying and hard to remove.
Any suggestion??

-Proper number plate pins that screw into the bumper.
-A plate surround screwed into the bumper.

Don't use the sticky stuff. Unreliable and leave a horrible mess on the bodywork!

Advantage of the sticky pads is a clean look and no holes in the car to rust or let in water. Less of an issue on a plastic bumper.

In my experience the sticky pads need to be warm, as does the car and plate, then they stick well. If any is cold, they can let go within weeks. Warm day? Or hairdryer. Hot air gun works, but mind you don't melt or set fire to anything, especially the car.

Hairdryer or hot air gun may be useful to get them off again, just a theory.

i was thinking of getting number plate screw but then it would leave a hole in front of my linea grill. and its not cool. i was also thinking of velcro but isn't it too hard to remove?
Also i've got pressed plate so drilling it may be easy but when using sticky tape would it still hold it?

Also i've got pressed plate so drilling it may be easy but when using sticky tape would it still hold it?

Hopefully the pressed plate is still a reflective one, or the police will quickly be asking you to remove it.

If using the sticky pads on a pressed plate, as long as they are thick enough to meet the bumper before the outer lip of the plate does, they should work. Locate them between letters so that they work on the flat plate without gaps behind them. Gaps will let in moisture, eventually they might drop off.

Back