Technical Number plate light

Currently reading:
Technical Number plate light

crash25

Hello there.
Got a problem on my punto. The bulb above the number plate doesn't light up. I took it off and measured with a voltmeter if it gets any juice... and it doesn't. The bulb is okay, but there's no current arriving there.
The same thing on the central console, where the heating dials are. The lightbulbs are in working condition but there's no current.
Is there a fuse for these things? I opened the fusebox and didn't find any related to this...
Any help is appreciated.

Yes there is a fuse, cause one time i accidently blew a bulb when removing one from center dash with pliers and smashed it :eek: i thought i did damage but checked the fuses and one was blown put a new one in and volia it worked!

The fuse is F44 in the internal fuse box (in the cabin) its a brown one.

Last edited:
I checked it and the fuse is okay... I took a photo of the fuses in the fusebox but I'm not allowed to post URLs before having 5 posts...

if the circuit runs in series then maybe there is a break in the wire possibly where it enters the bulb holder?
had this with an electric window motor the other week the cable had snapped internally as it entered the plug,never seen that before
took me an hour to find that one and i had to ruin a window cassette as i had to chop the cable to get the cassette out

Thank you for replying! I solved it, after all it was the fuse, F51 :D

Another question: my fog lights don't work... if I press the button on the console, it lights up the light in the dash but the fog light don't go on.
Checked F12 and F13 and both are good. On the back of the cover of the fusebox there's a symbol of the fog lights and above it writes T01. What does that T01 mean?

Back