General No more Pandas headed to the UK?

Currently reading:
General No more Pandas headed to the UK?

Had my 4x4 serviced today and an interesting conversation at the dealer's.

They can't get hold of any new Pandas despite a growing customer waitlist for them, and are being told not to expect to get any in 2023.

Make of that what you will.

Does this include pre-orders? I chased my dealer today about my order I placed end of Feb, they said they have had no updates from Fiat since the last one saying it will be Dec to Jan. There are quite a few new ones on Auto Trader available new, even with winter packs, albeit at 3k more than what I paid for mine

Not surprising. There is a shortage of components to make cars. My daughter works for a company that makes hydraulic hoses. Their order books are full but they have had to stop production this week.

Is this genuine no more pandas or no more panda 4x4.

If I go to fiat UK I can still order a panda and panda 4x4 with the The Hybrid 1.0 GSE 70hp engine. Well click on a button to get a quote ?

Or is it a supply issue.

sure I saw a new electric version of the 4x4 was already designed but I seem to have lost the press release or did I image it.

And the components they do have they'd rather stick in cars that are more profitable.

We're already seeing the disappearance of main stream hatchbacks from the showrooms as they want to concentrate on the likes of of SUV's as they have bigger mark ups.

No more Alfa hatchbacks, Fiesta on it's death bed, Nissan Micra died sometime ago.
Looks like only electric SUV's will be left to buy.

Fiat UK’s website lists a few ‘odd’ new vehicles - including a Panda Cross 4x4. What I find more amazing is how much it costs!! I bought my 4x4 MultiJet brand new - admittedly in 2018 - for £13,500. Inc Winter Pack and metallic paint

Attachments

• 05B27239-2A73-4E71-8650-2F6020C1C3DA.png
    05B27239-2A73-4E71-8650-2F6020C1C3DA.png
    481.8 KB · Views: 42
I can’t find the current figures that I can verify

But if the news papers are correct they have gone from 4.6 million cars per year to .6 so i would doubt the Panda aren’t the only models in short supply.

Fiat UK’s website lists a few ‘odd’ new vehicles - including a Panda Cross 4x4. What I find more amazing is how much it costs!! I bought my 4x4 MultiJet brand new - admittedly in 2018 - for £13,500. Inc Winter Pack and metallic paint

Paid about the same for my TA 4x4 with just about every option ticked. Salesman suggested he’d be able to give me what I paid for it, which is crackers on a two year old car, but his parting shot was “If I was you I’d keep it”.

Back