Panda (Classic) Nice black Marbella GL

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) Nice black Marbella GL

Well I thought so too....

DSCI2131.JPG

DSCI2133.JPG

DSCI2132.JPG

Apart from a blowing exhaust, the car is great. Shiney and rust free MK1 replica to be / sprint car... :D

Si

Last edited:
Nice one Si! Join the Spanish club:D

I have to admit I had my reservations about the SEAT version, but its begining to grow on me now. Might even keep the marbella healights, bumpers, and grill. The oringinal plan was to mk1 panda it, so will have to think on it now. Marbellas very rare now too. One of the reasons I jumped at it now while I still can....damn scrappage scheme looks pretty good to some people when you can sell a good one for £200!!

BTW!!..... My fuel sender unit has failed too!! What the hell did SEAT do wrong there, my 2 mk1's are 5 years older and theyre going strong on their originals!!

Anyway, will continue all the updates in the members motors section.

Wooohooo, I have 3 of the buggers now!

Si

I have to admit I had my reservations about the SEAT version, but its begining to grow on me now. Might even keep the marbella healights, bumpers, and grill. The oringinal plan was to mk1 panda it, so will have to think on it now. Marbellas very rare now too. One of the reasons I jumped at it now while I still can....damn scrappage scheme looks pretty good to some people when you can sell a good one for £200!!

Marbellas are really rare now. I nearly bought one about 10 years ago but bought a 903cc Uno instead.

By the photos, yours looks like a really good example.(y)

Looking cool Si (y)

In first pic your neighbour looks confused though :p

Yeah, they were probably confused when the second one arrived. Let alone no. 3!! lol. Oh well, what can I say. I have problems. :eek:

Thanks for all the positive comments ya'll!! I am so excited with the plans. Going to have a play around with a Mini RC40 exhaust on this one. Just like my first exhaust on ChiChi.

Si

Surely the parts are the same as the MK2 Panda's since Fiat licensed the Panda to Seat?

Nope, the Marbella is based on the Mk1 Panda and lots of the parts are completely different to the Mk2s

Yarp! In 1986 Fiat brought out their new panda mk2 and seat were only allowed to make the original design under licence. So it has more in common with my mk1's than any mk 2 but still there are lots of differences again. You really end up haveing to learn the differences! :eek:

This ownership will be a good lesson for me!

Si

Back