Nice big dent

Currently reading:
Nice big dent

nickjm

Hi, I acquired this car free of charge, and it had the dents already, it is a M reg punto. What would be the best way to get rid/make it look half decent? Also, does anyone know the colour code?

car002mp8.jpg

car003ql7.jpg

Door is easy, just replace it with another one.

The rear quarter panel is another kettle of fish altogether!

What are the chances of finding a door the same colour?

What do you recommend about the rear quarter panel?

Hi
1. Your colour code is located on the rear boot door and your colour looks like its Rossa Entna 131. It will be a sliver sticker located to the right on the rear.

2. You can find doors if your local to Bradford I know of a scappy with your colour and last time I was there a passenger door.(y)

3. Rear panel, you could pull as much of the panel out and then fill,sand,paint to flatten it off, it depends on you level of bodywork skill?

Hope that helps any

It all depends how good you want it to be.

A bodyshop would put a new door on it and a new rear quarter as repairing either regarding the time involved would cost loads.

a new door and quarter would certainly write the car off as regards to a body shop.

Exactly as la rossa says,
To do yourself you can get a scrap yard door, if lucky in the right colour. You can remove the rear quarter interior trim and spend time trying to push the dents out use some filler.

then attempt to spray it etc etc.

My honest opinion is that you will make it look ok-ish It will never look great. It depends how good you are. ;) also remember that rattle cans are rubbish long term for paint but you should be ok on the side panels.

Last edited:
the rear quarter panel and door is an easy repair for me, however it depends if you would like to spend money getting it sorted. I am pretty sure door skins are cheap for that car and are easily replaced (if you know how) it all depends on your budget.

drop us a pm if your looking for a professional repair and il do you a good deal based on what i've seen (y)

Thanks all for your help.

Think I'll just get a door for it, and paint over some of the cracks.

Thanks, Nick.

Back