Technical Newbie with a major gearbox problem

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie with a major gearbox problem

Whyme2016

Hi guys. Im new to the forum so hi :)

l
Last month i bought a 2009 bravo 1.6 multijet diesel which has turned into a nightmare. 3rd and 4th gear crunched but very soon after i lost 3rd and 4th totally

To cut a long story short i found this car has the c530 gearbox and not the m32.... i eventually found one of these gearboxes and have been trying to fit it but the driveshaft is out of line and locked the gearbox up so i removed the gearbox again and compared them side by side and they are slightly different :bang:

I cant get hold of the breaker i bought the gearbox from until after christmas so im guessing he got the gearbox out a 1.9 instead

My question is after all that is does anyone know whether the driveshaft bearing mounting on the 1.9 is 10mm lower than on the 1.6.

Thanks guys any advice would be great

Hi and welcome.
A post to the forum specfic to your model would be more likely to get a response. Is it a 5 or 6 speed 'box? Is the replacement the same? They did both in the C530 but I don't know if the differential position was different. Its unusual for the same model to have a different differential position as it would require different castings etc.
What markings are on the old and "new" 'boxes?

Robert G8RPI.

Hi. Thanks for the reply, they are both 6 speed boxes and the replacement box looks identical until you put them together, a couple of bolt holes are in different positions but that isnt the problem. The problem comes from the 10mm difference of where the driveshaft connects?
There are no markings on either box which doesnt help

These are the gearboxes

Attachments

• 20161223_134228.jpg
    20161223_134228.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
Back