image.jpeg

Grande Punto New to FF, just showing off my GP

Introduction

Been looking thought the forum for a wee while now, getting ideas for what I can do to my Grande Punto.

Finally decided to sign up and join in with the chat!

So this is what My GP looks like so far, still got a few things to do but there just isnt enough money or time to do everything.

So far I have fitted:
HID headlights,
Iphone kit (I'll get some photos later)
17" TSW wheels
PlastiDipped front bumper and punto logo

Still to go:
EVO rear light
Projector front lights
PlastiDipped roof and mirror casing - both in the same matte black as the front grille
Lowering (maybe 30mm)

Still looking for other weekend projects so if anyone has any ideas I would love to here them
I see where you are coming from with the HID point and it was something i tested out before fitting them.

the glare and scatter off of these HID's isn't anything worse than the standard lights.

there is nothing worse than somone coming towards you with poorly fitted HID's blinding everyone!

Got some photos of the various stages with the PlastiDip spray on the front bumper.

I had never heard of the stuff before but it is brilliant! so much simpler than paint, no rubbing, no priming and you dont have to worry about over spray as you can peel off the bits you dont want.

I used it on the Punto logo on the boot, all I did was mask a square around the badge and spray right on, then, wait for it to dry and peel off the bodywork.

Have a look on YouTube for Plast dip badges and thats basically what I did

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • coat 1.jpeg
    coat 1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • coat 2.jpeg
    coat 2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • finished.jpeg
    finished.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
  • plate.jpeg
    plate.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
Nice clean looking GP. Definitely makes me realise i need to get on with plastidip on my front grill, been thinking about it long enough now haha.

+1 on the 30mm or so drop, completes the car soooo much more.

I love using plastidip its fun to use haha. looks like you've done a good job :D hows its lasting?

I did my grill (piece you pull out) and I've done my wing mirrors, been done for at least 5months now and they have lasted perfectly, even after using a jet washer :D

Looks good but why does everyone not paint or vinyl the inside bit of the top grill. Would make the open black mouth look more complete IMO

Do you mean the red vertical bar across the top grill? There's no real need if you haven't got a badgeless grille, haven't seen anyone leave the coloured bar with a bebadged grille, would be a bit silly lol

Places like ebay, amazon ect... sells the Aerosol cans also if you just want to do a small area like the grilles as the Plasti-dip site tends to be out of stock of the good colours (y)

Last edited:
Well it's not been on long, but so far, so good!

did the roof today, but didn't really have enough.

I have 750ml of plasti dip and 750ml of thinners, mixed em up and used the air spray gun. The gun wasn't the best and fired a little splodgy. However got a good few coats but it hasn't dried 100% smooth and I'm out of dip.

So I think I'll leave it on now, and order more as I know you can layer the plasti dip up to cover imperfections. So it's not really a majour concern at the moment.

Once I get more I'll get the roof perfect and do the mirror caps too! I'll get some photos too.

Been seaching Ebay for "evo" rear lights, but they are a fair bit more expensive than I expected, so I yhink that'll have to wait until after Christmas

Back