New Sub and box :-)

Currently reading:
New Sub and box :-)

Ruuko

What you think guys?

Got Jazz 152db of Talk Audio to make a custom box for the grande punto to accomadate a 15" sub, its just over 4 cubes and kicking around 32hz its the shizz.

The Hifonics amp is a BXI1610D running at 1600w RMS @ 1 ohm.

heres a crap photo lol.

IMAG0056.jpg

Well I have heard a couple of his enclosures and they certainly live up to their name. Have you got any deadening in the car yet and are you going to take it to Adrian to get it on the term lab?

The boot is deadened to absolute hell, boot lids got a bit in but needs plenty more, might do some more on that at weekend :)

Edit: I'm off down to Adrian at the weekend, were going to scope it and term lab it see what its pumping at :)

Looks awesome mate. Look forward to hearing it sometime.

How much did the box set you back if you don't mind me asking.

P

Looks awesome mate. Look forward to hearing it sometime.

How much did the box set you back if you don't mind me asking.

P

Well i bought the sub of Jazz too so he did me a good deal think its was 100 notes, should have been more. But because of all the angle cuts and complecity of 2 square ports probably be 175 quid to just do the box.

I be Adrian wont scope it, i think he believes in scopes as much as the tooth fairy for your kind of set up.
TL reading should be good, what are you expecting about 142db :yum:

Ahh bad times scoped the amp, giving a realy dirty horrible sinewave, could be a fault going to get one of my engineers here at work to bench it :bang:

the titans absolutely perfect, its does 100w rms clean per chan but this brutus is bah!

Mates brutus works good though :(

Bought it from audioassault so got warranty, time to get medevil on there asses

Result! the amps not faulty, and it works beautifully, i have that battery i got off you installed vol very good still getting volt drop though :eek:

Hmm did you give it a good trickle charge? Or done TB3 :confused: I was still sitting above 12v wanging 3k just through the sub with my batt which is the same.
Oh and you said that you have given your front batt a caining, has that been replaced?
What engine?

Last edited:
Lol not done TB3 yet got stuff to do it havent got round too it yet, I charged the big yella, upto 13.2v then wanged it in, I have put a 60ah under the bonnet it was a 39ah in there which died, its a 1.2 grande.

Ah thats the difference then. IMO you have just gone over the peak power that the car can handle. I have a 1.6 so naturally with bigger alt etc it will cope a little bit more. I know what you mean about TB3 though its just 1 of those jobs :bang:
I have tried a couple of times but i need to change the distribution to an aftermarket ground block so something else always comes up.

I've seen where im putting my battery and engine earth but i gotta get under bloody car to do the alt live :-\

Back