General New Clutch

Currently reading:
General New Clutch

domenic

Hi People,
Just a quick question, I have an angel tuned JTD that requires a clutch replacement I have experienced a lil clutch slippage at in 4th gear when clogg it. Change is also a lil notchy.

Can anyone suggest an uprated one and say how much it will be. Stanadard replacement is £97+ VAT, which is a Quinton Hazel.

Anyone have an uprated one fitted to theirs????

Cheers

Dom

I have a Stilo Multijet Sporting 150 (same engine as new Bravo)
tuned to 190-200 bhp, and it slips in exactly the same way.

Don't think anyone makes an uprated clutch yet, only equivalent replacements which will probably slip as well.:confused:

I just work around the gears to avoid it for now.

If / when someone does make an uprated clutch - I'll be first in line.

Quinton Hazel quality is as good as you'll get, but its still made to the same specification as the oem clutch. even a Valeo clutch will be the same. you need a clutch with a higher friction disc that has stonger springs. a higher friction disc realistically requires more surface area on the friction material, and then you need a flywheel with a bigger contact area to match it. all of a sudden you've spent a fortune.

on the alfa forum there has been a lot of investigation into finding an uprated cltuch for the 1.9jtd and the 2.4jtd, many people have remapped them and then found the clutch slips. i remember reading a thread where someone sourced a "fast road" clutch but it still slipped and was basically a standard clutch in a pretty boyracer box.

Back