Need help dinted bonnet what to do

Currently reading:
Need help dinted bonnet what to do

hey all
i got home today after work to find that my bonnet was dented around the badge area (mk1 with a new round badge [that i put on])also the badge has broke lol.
it happend last night as my alarm went off so i lokked (as ya do lol) and i found my sisters boyfreinds car infront of it n him looking round the rear of his car and the front of my car,but because it was dark he couldnt see any damage.
ANYWAY lol wot would be the easyest way to repair it?

the damage done is as follows;
  • front of bonnet pushed in around badge badge knocked off
  • it also looks like the edges of the bonnet have pushed out near the headlights but am not quite sure
repair options;
  1. try to push/pull it out
  2. new bonnet
  3. or try to push/pull it out and then fill the badge hole in and respray it (black) myself
any help and advice would be greatly appreaciated as the body work is mint not a dint or scratch and i would like to have it back to how it was yesterday lol

thanks liam

hey all
i got home today after work to find that my bonnet was dented around the badge area (mk1 with a new round badge [that i put on])also the badge has broke lol.
it happend last night as my alarm went off so i lokked (as ya do lol) and i found my sisters boyfreinds car infront of it n him looking round the rear of his car and the front of my car,but because it was dark he couldnt see any damage.
ANYWAY lol wot would be the easyest way to repair it?

the damage done is as follows;
  • front of bonnet pushed in around badge badge knocked off
  • it also looks like the edges of the bonnet have pushed out near the headlights but am not quite sure
repair options;
  1. try to push/pull it out
  2. new bonnet
  3. or try to push/pull it out and then fill the badge hole in and respray it (black) myself
any help and advice would be greatly appreaciated as the body work is mint not a dint or scratch and i would like to have it back to how it was yesterday lol

thanks liam

If it has flared where the lights sit against the edge then it sounds to have buckled very slightly. Pulling might not be easy. have a look at the bonnet edge on the inside. I suspect on the Punto it will be double skinned, this is why pulling might be difficult.

A new bonnet is always an option if you can't repair it. But will need pro spraying.

If your car was mint then its not a good idea to diy the job. Have a bodyshop take a look. spraying is easy. spraying and not having a rubbish finish is more difficult. Spraying well is particularly skilled and the diy paints for this type of finish are often poor.

hope this helps :)

can you post a pic,as for dent at badge[a new badge will fix this,and take your eye away from dent]but edge can be done with mole-grips and a duster,need pictures to try and help any better?,and hopefully you wont need a new one....

a thanks go,s along way in this forum.

can you post a pic,as for dent at badge[a new badge will fix this,and take your eye away from dent]but edge can be done with mole-grips and a duster,need pictures to try and help any better?,and hopefully you wont need a new one....

a thanks go,s along way in this forum.

As said it depends whether you want the job doing right or whether you just want to neaten it a little.
Be very careful with mole grips ;)

or look for [imperial panels],there good copys and get painted,shouldnt cost any more than £200 all in, or using duster+mole grips lf its just edge bent[easy to do and nobody will notice,done hundreds].....

New bonnet, I picked one up for £20, and it was in great condition. Try a local scrappy or put out a wanted add.

thats good lsd,just shows you dont need a bodyshop or there pricing to fix a little dent,
well done and have a good day (y)

Back