Nearly Killed my GP tonight....

Currently reading:
Nearly Killed my GP tonight....

MarkSims

Well, i was driving home tonight, down a road which i drive a lot, fortunatly i wasnt going as fast as usual down to it being wet.

Anyhoo, goin round a bend which takes me under a bridge, it turns out someone had moved all the cones saying the road was closed. Thusly i ended up ploughing into about 2 foot of water, scared the **** out of me, by the time i realised an hit the brakes i was already aquaplaning. Then i stopped and obv the engine stalled, and to be honest i was just bloody surprised it started again. Didnt feel good to drive for about 3/4 miles afterwards.

Mark

It doesn't matter about the car.......it's just good that you didn't get hurt or hurt someone else.

This is gonna be soooo not what you want to hear but if you drive too fast it is impossible to make corrections for your mistakes or other people's.

If you look at the recent number of damaged Punto's on this site most of them are speed related and not having enough time to avoid the situation.
I say this as someone who is probably regarded as very daring (Down hill skiing, Track racing) but there's a time and a place and most of the time I'm afraid the boring reality is that you just can't do it...........and get away with it.

there's a time and a place and most of the time I'm afraid the boring reality is that you just can't do it...........and get away with it.

i couldn't agree with you more m8, it applies mostly with my age group. I am sick of seeing people living around me that go 40 round a round about do about 60 in 30 zone in my village, they think they are impressive..... but i just see them and think "your the reason why my insurance is so high", and i cant help but smile when i see a chaved up saxo plowed into a fence and all the chavs getting out going OH NO M888888 (hehe crawley)

Any way m8 im glad you and you car is ok :D

Last edited:
Driving right for the conditions is what is most important. Especially with the weather we are having at the moment, one day it is wet and the next day it's icy, you have to change driving style each day and expect the unexpected. I think this is what has thrown A few drivers. Combine this wth little driving experience in difficult conditions and thats why all the 'crash' threads appear.

I live on a bad stretch of road, in the last year two cars have ended up on their roof outside my house, joyriders hit the house across the road, two cars have ploughed into the field next door, and a lorry has hit next doors house. It's a 30 limit road.

Unfortunately some people do not learn by their mistakes. When I was 17 I was almost killed in a head on collision with a lorry, needless to say I learned the hard way. I was lucky, others don't always get that chance.

Last edited:
Its all well and good to drive safely, but its the actions of those on the road who think they're Michael Schumacher and cause needless accidents - hope they all burn in hell one day :slayer:

Granted i may have been driving slightly faster than appropriate, but nothing that i think anyone would call reckless or dangerous, i had 2 passengers in the car at the time so i had slowed my driving down anyway.

It was purely the fact that some idiot removed the road closed sign, and i went straight round a bend into it.

Anyhoo, i went back this morning and salvaged my lower grille, although it is broken so i be needing a new one of those :bang: but i couldnt find the black panel where the fogs go, and my number plate has had it. Im really not having the best winters driving lol. Think im jus gonna save a bit up and get both grilles changed to the merkur one instead of getting a new standard.

Mark

I had some silly t!t overtake me on a unclassified road last night (had seen a Flood sign so eased off) if he hadn't been so far up my back end looking for an overtake he might have seen it, anyhow as i eased off he went for it, I braked and watched him preform a perfect 180 narrowly missing the dike on one side and the embankment on the other :D

I had some silly t!t overtake me on a unclassified road last night (had seen a Flood sign so eased off) if he hadn't been so far up my back end looking for an overtake he might have seen it, anyhow as i eased off he went for it, I braked and watched him preform a perfect 180 narrowly missing the dike on one side and the embankment on the other :D

haha Hope you got out and LOL'd at him while pointing at him.

What a :tosser: he must have been

I had some fartknocker in a BMW up my ass on the A1 for 20miles tonight so I just started taking the p*** and stayed bang on 70mph :devil::eek:

we get some idiots come past our house. it goes from one village to the next, and we live on a bit that comes down a hill and then it goes round a sharp bend :rolleyes:

we have seen a few cars in the fields in the last year or so :p, but unluckily the field doesnt even have a ditch seperating it from the road so it means the chavs can just clean there car up a bit and move on only to do it some weeks later (n)

2136703349_d28b615675.jpg

nearly died laughing at that episode of TG.

Last edited:
Back