Navigo V2 Sat Nav £44.99

Currently reading:
Navigo V2 Sat Nav £44.99

johnts

Anyone got one of these? Wondered what they are like for that money its very very cheap, nearly half price of the cheapest TOMTOM I have found. Would like to know of any owners opinions.

Looking at this myself - check out ebuyer, they have 134 reviews/comments, so you should get some idea from there. Interestingly, in theory, you can change the software to TOMTOM if you want to (not that you should etc etc)

Yeah noticed that myself, I have garmin on my phone and think its pretty good, so may get one and load the garmin on it. Isnt bad for the price I suppose.

Looking at this myself - check out ebuyer, they have 134 reviews/comments, so you should get some idea from there. Interestingly, in theory, you can change the software to TOMTOM if you want to (not that you should etc etc)

Why?. It's Completely 100% Legal. ASLONG as you purchase the PDA version of tomtom as all these cheaper ones are is a PDA device running Windows CE of some form.

True, but then you'd be paying 45 + TOMTOM software, which means you'd probably just be able to get a TOMTOM out the box (btw, this is all academic).

A friend has one of these, the standard turbodog software is pants, but we followed the instruction on www.thepctailor.com and installed TT7 and it works great! Operational speed is as fast as my TT520, but doesnt have the TT520 goodies, such as speech recognition, FM transmitter etc, as you would expect. The media player in the navigo isnt bad at all either, for £45 you get a good piece of kit.

I have the wide screen ver. works a treat.
The installed turbo dog software is pants.
The unit is quick and you can use other snatnav tools as well.

A good group to check out (with lots of rescorces) is the PC Tailor
(www.thepctailor.com/) check out its download section (need to reg though)

Back