squeeky_clean3.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My Punto

Introduction

Nice sunny day here in Cov, so decided to get my car washed and take some pics.

squeeky_clean4.jpg

squeeky_clean3.jpg

squeeky_clean5.jpg

Comments welcome :)
Right, tiny update...

Got my results from the RR day, showing 73.19 bhp and 66.1 lbs\ft torque. Not bad for a 10 year old 1242 8v spi.

Running a little lean, but that's most likely down to the crich chip. Once I've done a little more engine work I'll be ready for a proper mapping.

After that, I went over to pick up my new tailgate

Not in bad condition for a M reg. The rear spoiler is faded, peeling laquer too so I plan to remove it, and may sell it, I'm not sure on it. I

Once it's removed, I'm going to sand it all down, remove badges, and smooth over the holes.. oh, and spray the plasstic bit above the number plate..

Hopefully be done before the end of the week!

Last edited:
Just about ready to prime my new tailgate, so now it's time to decide whether to keep the rear spoiler or not.

I took it off my new tailgate, and just quickly taped it to may car to see what it'd look like. At first I thought it was jsut too big.. but now I'm not sure..

Whats everyone else think?

Hmm, it's going to need a respray before I stick it back on :(

One thing is, I'm not sure how to wire up the third brake light? :chin: I'm guessing it would somehow be wired to one of the brake lights so it lit up when they did, but I have no idea really and this is just a complete guess lol :eek:

Ideas anyone?

Hmm, it's going to need a respray before I stick it back on :(

One thing is, I'm not sure how to wire up the third brake light? :chin: I'm guessing it would somehow be wired to one of the brake lights so it lit up when they did, but I have no idea really and this is just a complete guess lol :eek:

Ideas anyone?

yer just run a positive wire from spoiler to one side of the brake light i think.

pm T.E.D. Jordan, he did it somehow.

got bored of packing my stuff for uni so decided to to take some car pics instead :p

since last time in this thread, new wheels, spacers on rear, back to standard rear lights, de rub stripped sides

198.jpg

2jpg.jpg

443.jpg

355.jpg

next on my hit list is to go lower, -60mm at the front :)

thats a real nice mk1 man, i noticed you smoothed the bumpers out, what product did you use to do it and where could i get it from im dying to do it to mine, :)

Back