General My poor Cinq :(

Currently reading:
General My poor Cinq :(

Fairy Clare

My cars been in the garage since friday morning,

I needed a full service, new exhaust, new brake pipes and new front brakes.
i knew all this before it went in but now its been in the garage are waiting for some sort of bracket from fiat for the front suspension
and the trackrod i is bent so i think there replacing it I recon the guy who had the car before us had a knock in it.

The garage is a very respectable one and does the contact for the police and he has known my grandad for 50+ Years.

Anyone have an idea of what the damage will be to my wallet.

Cheers
Fairy Clares boyfriend lol

labour will probably be the biggest cost.

It VERY hard to say how much though...surely you will be quoted before they start. Anyone who has a bash at guessing will be very vauge, so my guess will be a wide range :)

It really depends how long it takes, how good they are, where they source the parts etc.

I bet on a minimum of £350 up to about £700.

when you say brakes, you mean discs, pads, callipers, hoses, the lot!?

Kristian

GhostWKD said:
fingers crossed for not as much as im guessing :cry:

Got it back finally,

Total......

400! Its great having a bf whos grandad knows the owner :D. just a few niggley problems that need sorting now. New MAP sensor on its way :)

in the end it had
Front Disks and Pads
New break Pipes all round
Full Service
New Exhaust (proper one)
New drivers side front A frame (had a crack in!!! )
New sus Strut (was bent!!!)
and some new brackets or summit all to do with the front drivers wheel

OMG thought id come on here and tell you all. I had the Lambda sensor changed about a month and a half ago and all was going well untill. DUN DUN DUN.

A Frigging council van reversed into the front of my cinq :O they have CAT C write off it but my bf is going to fix it because i love her to much to get rid.

Heres a Pic
DSC00090.jpg

apparently the Traffic light sensor on the road wasn't working and being the council they decided they would see if driving over them again would make the lights change. It was 6:30 in the morning so i guess they thought no1 else was around so reversed straight into her :(

Fairy Clare said:
apparently the Traffic light sensor on the road wasn't working and being the council they decided they would see if driving over them again would make the lights change. It was 6:30 in the morning so i guess they thought no1 else was around so reversed straight into her :(

i'd get on the Council's case and threaten them with Legal Action citing you are distraught and now too nervous to drive after this bang. Worth a bash...

damage isnt too bad luckily,all you would need is a headlight,maybe a slam panel,and a bonnet,as your bumper looks fine,

but yeah get on the councils case about it

garyaird11 said:
damage isnt too bad luckily,all you would need is a headlight,maybe a slam panel,and a bonnet,as your bumper looks fine,

but yeah get on the councils case about it

The bumper may look fine but i bet the arch mountings are shagged.

CAT C isn't too bad.

CAT D is Chassis damage (Jig required!) so you're lucky! - Still i'd hassle the council about mental trauma, and your new phobia of council workers! ;)

It all looks superficial TBH and so shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix!

Good Luck!

(y)

we have classifeds and auction watch.
do not post sales in the main forum

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you might have mistaken..

CAT C means you need a VIC check, while a CAT D doesn't.

And it does not mean the chassis is messed up, it just means is not worth repairing considering the age and the cost of the car :).

Had a CAT C, CRX (del-sol), changed a few parts, and it passes it VIC with flying colours ^.^.

Back