My new car *warning* not a fiat

Introduction

Well here she is.....

DSC000076.JPG

DSC000067.JPG

DSC000053.JPG

DSC000032.JPG

It's exactly as I bought it....

Pretty much standardish just need to treat the leather and sort the idling out :)

All comments welcome ;)
You should try to source a 2L 16V Turbo (XU10J4TE) out of a 405 T16. 200bhp with 220bhp overboost in stock form.

Troy.

I don't think the 405 T16 was ever sold in the UK, well never seen one, saw a LHD one a while back but sure that was first I had ever seen.

So to find an engine out of one I think would prove to e hard work.

As for weight as someone suggested, the 1.9 lump is pretty heavy, in fact many folk back in the day preferred the 1.6 because it was a considerably lighter unit making the 205 handle that little bit better.

Don't know the weights but the 2L 8V turbo block is probably pretty much the same as the 1.9 already, so its only really the other stuff like turbo etc that will add more weight.

The engine runs IIRC 150bhp 175lb ft standard, but the boost can happily be run a bit higher as it only runs about 0.4bar standard to get about 175bhp 185lb ft with no detriment to reliability, which in the 205 should make it mighty.

Though Jamie I am sure from trawling the Pug forums will know way more than me on this.

RS Clio as well :eek: It's a hard life being you isn't it mate :p lol

Well someone's gotta do it ;)

But seriously try just insuring let alone running 3 Mod'd motors :eek:

Though Jamie I am sure from trawling the Pug forums will know way more than me on this.

That's the worrying part it's rather a lot of work involved :eek:

As for weight as someone suggested, the 1.9 lump is pretty heavy, in fact many folk back in the day preferred the 1.6 because it was a considerably lighter unit making the 205 handle that little bit better.
:yeahthat:

especially if the 1.9 had a cat. then it was only just quicker than a 1.6.

Ok then just buy the complete car and ditch the 205. Here's one for sale in Scotland. Seek and ye shall find.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/771148.htm

Troy.

Yes its LHD and has no number plates on it so probably not even registered in UK yet. Also looks suspiciously like Peugeot Ecosse a well know Pug tuner, who are rumoured to have more T16 engines than anyone else.

Did some research and it was never sold in the UK, they are all LHD and there were 400 built with 50 being used by French police, probably to catch UK registered cars speeding! So that leaves only 350 sold to public so a very rare sight in deed. I love the look of it, proper sleeper.

The 275bhp figure seems inflated unless the car has been played with as standard the car was 196bhp@1BAR of boost and [email protected] of boost available on overboost for a full 45secs!

Its was also 212lb ft (288nm) @1BAR and 234lb ft (318nm)1.3BAR which is pretty impressive.

What is odd is that all performance figures are timed on 1BAR setting, when you get overboost as soon as you fully press the accelerator peddle and get it for 45secs, and to reactivate you just press fully again.

But they are 7.1secs 0-100km/h (62mph) and 235km/h (146mph) top end so seems fair to think that on overboost which you would get by fully pressing accelerator the figures would be lower and higher respectively. Probably mid 6's 0-60 and touching 150mph top end makes you wonder why they never made/sold more.

I got my info from here http://www.pugheaven.co.uk/T16.htm

Well not really any progress as it's too cold :eek:

Have been buying stuff though:

Think that maybe could do with a tidy up of the garage as well as getting rid of old Fiat parts ;)

Got some GAZ Coilovers en route and a Safety Devices Rollcage running out of space to *store* it though :eek: :yum:

Also introduced the new car finally, she gave the Pugly the kiss of life

That's about it until it gets a bit warmer.. Or I buy a genny and a heater :idea:

EDIT: Sorry crap pic quality is from a HTC mobile not the best camera lol!

Back