Original Car.jpg

Grande Punto My 1.2 Active.

Introduction

Photoshopped Car.jpg

Finally got some time to go on this forum properly and make a members thread. This is my 1.2 (soooo slow but I love it) as it is now (top). Lowered on eibach sportlines, still on steelies atm. Some ultra chavvy chrome wingmirrors, and judging by some threads I've seen these are highly controversial but I think dark blue just about gets away with them (awaits backlash).

After looking at other members pretty impressive looking mods, I've settled on what I want to do to my car. My bro did a rather appalling photoshop but you get the idea, I hope! He made the wheels (that look nothing like the link i sent him) a little too large and decided to paint a bit by the rear wheel arch, but squinting should help.
Actually, can upate today as have fitted foglights woot! They're not actually wired up yet (I ain't even contemplating doing them myself) but will be soon. Thanks to AndyMonty for giving me info on bolts etc... After half an hour fitting and fighting with the plastic inserts to remove them (plus a 15 minute drive to find somewhere picturesque) it now looks like this:

Dunno why I blanked out the number plate as forgot to do it to my first couple of photos but no matter! It looks better like that anyway. If I get chance soon, I am going to at least paint my mirrors white. There will be no trace of drug dealer jewelery on my car for much longer. Below is a list of what's done, and what will be::)

Done; Lowered on eibachs, fitted front fogs, removed horrendous dent from passenger side, fitted Fiatforum stickers :slayer:

To do; Get fogs wired by professional, fitting abarth headlights, paint wingmirrors white, paint wheel trims white to see if I still want white pro-race 1.2's, fit debadged grille, fit abarth tail lights, fit fiat rear spoiler and skirts, tint rear windows, machine polish the paintwork, upgrade speakers and HU, get a nicer puntos gearknob, re-trim soft dashboard panel in some sort of material (not decided yet), fit footwell lights (blue).

Only just made a start but am enjoying myself a lot :D

your cars coming along nicely, white alloys is a great idea, personally i think white steels would look horrible lol what about blue l.e.d in ur footwell and door sensor light?

Thanks, I agree white steelies will look horrible, just wanted to see the colour contrast lol. Thank god I don't have to now tho cos my famous photshop bro has done this:

Haha, dodgy or what? But it does give a nice impression of what I'm after. The Abarths are on now as well (after many, many plasters covering my knuckles and fingers, good job my tetanus is up to date), apologies for how dirty the car is :eek::

Nice idea with blue LED's, am going to go for those I think. I'm about 90% certain on Pro Race 1.2's in white now as well.

its a nice project, i would leave the wing mirrors the same untill you have the white alloys, because if there is a month gap it might look abit odd with white wing mirrors, with both tho it will look very nice. yeah i think the door light sensor in blue instead of just a normal light really sutes blue cars, it makes my car stand out when i get in it, at night anyway.

the headlights look fresh. just get some plasX to keep them shiney and new forever :) remember if you keep perfect condisiion perfect then you wont have to get it back to perfect condission when its old :)

Good thinking, will look into that. The photos make them look grey-er than they actually are, the internals are very black. I've had to change insurers as LV wont allow mods until I'm 25 (n) Chris Knot on the other hand, will let me and for the same money I shelled out on LV. Very chuffed (y)

I think you're right about wingmirrors, I'll leave them bling for now lol.

abarth heads look good man :) think white alloys and mirror caps look SO good on the blue model. id defo go for it. love the white O.Z superturismo's
if you get the white mirror caps and decide to get rid of the chrome ones ill take them off your hands for 20-25 quid ;P cars coming along nicely tho mate

Thought I'd add a few photos since i hadn't really got any good ones of the abarth headlights. Also got abarth lights on the rear now, love 'em. Was wondering whether to go for red leds but I think they suit black/red/white gp's more than blue. Very happy with them :D

Old battered mirror caps are currently in garage having their own little makeover. Just need to laquer them and they'll be nice shiny white. Can't believe fiat charge 60 quid for them!

Nice car, your plans sound good. Hurry up and get white alloys, I wanna see what they look like (y) I have an Mjet in the same colour and cant decide whether to do my wheels anthracite/gunmetal grey or be brave and go for white :confused:

I'll keep an eye out :)

New pics today, been washed/waxed. I've put my newly painted white wingmirrors on that look loads better than chrome ones, just need to get them alloys to go with them. Also, a novelty addition, a transformers decal for front and back. :) (managed to get all the bubbles out the vinyl eventually, lol)

I know i know, steelies really let the car down atm. I think my transformers are my favourite thing i've done so far, and by far the cheapest as well. U still interested in the chrome mirror caps? They didn't suit mine at all but a black GP with a chrome theme should pull them off much better.

Alsatian1 - I know you haven't been on in 6 months, but come back on and let me know if you still have this GP around Cov. Photo's look a little like Morrisons estate near Binley? Liking this GP a lot, hoping you still have it!

Alsatian1 - I know you haven't been on in 6 months, but come back on and let me know if you still have this GP around Cov. Photo's look a little like Morrisons estate near Binley? Liking this GP a lot, hoping you still have it!

Just saw another thread from you more recently and you sold the GP :( Bad times, nevermind!

Back