General Music through USB- some songs crackly?

Currently reading:
General Music through USB- some songs crackly?

will0407

Does anyone else have an issue when playing music through the USB whereby some of the songs start to crackle? I don't play my music loudly by any means but 50% of my songs (which seem fine on other sources) are a bit crackly....

ok will do, i'm not really an audiophile though so what should they be!? None of my music is bass heavy, mainly just acoustic, but the crackling doesn't sound like it's because of too much base

The problem only happens when I play via my iphone (5) through the B&M adapter, not that I've tried a USB stick. I'll change them both to 0 and see what happens, thanks for the advice

Aaah, iPhone

Attachments

• stock-photo-rotten-apple-103743602.jpg
    stock-photo-rotten-apple-103743602.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
I have same issue only certain files not all using a different equaliser setting calms it a bit but this only occurs on USB not on cd or radio, ripped some files again on a different computer and used a different stick without improvement. I need to investigate further when I have time for instance same album via cd and stick and see if it is 100% a USB issue. Could it be a blue and me software issue or something to do with the format of the files?
This is on chrysler delta by the way but basically it is just a stretched bravo in a wacky designer suit, version with blue and me and sat nav

Last edited:
since putting my treble at 0 and bass at +2, mine seems a bit better

I still suspect it is due to the way the files are formatted or something similar I am going to try to experiment tomorrow (if I find time), the car is still under warranty but it is one of those issues that isn't clear cut is it a blue and me fault or a file or media issue? Also nearest chrysler dealer is miles away so time consuming to visit. I might try a software update as I have blue tooth issues with my phone too, it will pair ok but the next time I am in the car the phone can't see and connect automatically which is a pain, previous phone was fine I think it is because the blue and me isn't visible unless pairing(?)

Well did the update and all seems well sound quality seems better phone pairs automatically, the world is good! :D
Just a note to anyone who hasn't done an upgrade before you must format the stick first so it is fully clean, unzip the files on your computer and copy them to the stick. Follow the instructions provided to the letter you will find that the messages on the dash come and go and radio may go on and off but be patient and wait until it confirms on the dash that it's finished takes a while.

Last edited:
Well did the update and all seems well sound quality seems better phone pairs automatically, the world is good! :D
Just a note to anyone who hasn't done an upgrade before you must format the stick first so it is fully clean, unzip the files on your computer and copy them to the stick. Follow the instructions provided to the letter you will find that the messages on the dash come and go and radio may go on and off but be patient and wait until it confirms on the dash that it's finished takes a while.

Spoke too soon sound is still OK but no Bluetooth connection again, think it's the phone sand not the car though

Back