General MPG Grande Punto

Currently reading:
General MPG Grande Punto

Riley404

Just wondered what everyone was averaging in the Punto MPG wise. I have a 1.4 8v GP, and get about 40mpg usually, wondered how this compared? I saw official figures of around 47mpg combined!?

Depends on how I drive, had the car 10 months and keep a close eye on MPG all the time.

Lead foot mode:
Town (start stop traffic) - 36mpg
A-roads bit of start stop at junctions and roundabouts - 40mpg
motorway (50 miles of non stop motorway) - 38mpg

Normal mode:
Town - 40mpg
A-Roads - 42mpg
Motorway - 42mpg

Eco Green boring mode:
Town - 42mpg
A-Roads - 45mpg
Motorway - 48mpg

This is all measured off the trip computer so isn't super accurate but that's what I've seen over the last 10 months.
To be honest, driving all eco doesn't get much more than just driving normally but it requires more thought and makes for a much more boring drive so I usually don't bother unless its a long motorway journey.

Last edited:
Lol what so you could have a GP GP? How bizarre!

Yep! You sure can! I've got a red gp gp :d

I am averaging around 39 at the moment according to the dash! Just joined Fuelly, so I'll see how that compares.
There's a thread on here that links to a google docs file which has everyone's mpg. Look for it and add yours :)

I've got a GP 1.4 16V Sporting, i drive quite sensibly at the moment, mainly town driving and the odd 15 mile country road trip and i average about 36mpg...

Only had the car 2 months and i was expecting a little more to be honest.

Any tips of what else i could do? Tyres are pumped and all fluids are topped up...

1.9MJet Sporting

Town driving I get 38MPG,

My normal work routine is 10 miles of motorway and 4 miles town average about 42MPG,

Drove down to Stranraer last month ~100 miles motorway then A roads and averaged about 58MPG over the whole way down and back again

So:

Town = 38MPG
Mixed = 42MPG
Motorway @ 70MPH cruising = 58MPG
Motorway @ 56MPH cruising = 65-68MPG

We have

1.2 Active 56 plate 74K miles
1.4 16V GP 07 plate 50K miles

Mostly motorway driving - round trip to work: 50 miles
Currently reading 47.1 mpg on the 1.2 and 46.8 on the 1.4 - mpg goes down a bit in the winter - in the summer, average of 49 and sometimes low 50s.

1.3 MJ (6 speed 90hp):

50 if I'm lucky on motorways (seems to plummet once going over 70mph)
~60 on A roads keeping about 60mph (65mpg is my record, and even included a few bits let's just say, a little bit above national limit :p )
30 if used around town for very short journeys... diesels do have their certain advantages, but so do petrols of course.

And I've noticed winter's at least 10mpg worse overall, even with the fact I'm very much an air con lover in summer! Overall it fluctuates so much I don't even think I could say an overall figure.

Also, from using Fuelly and resetting my trip meter at fill-ups, I'm pleased to report the on-board gauge appears to be incredibly accurate.

Last edited:
Back