Technical modified tensioner and longer bolt?!

Currently reading:
Technical modified tensioner and longer bolt?!

Why have some timing kits got a modified tensioner and longer bolt and others haven't?
I'm being told that both fit my car from one seller and the dealer saying I need to use the modified kit...
I'm confused!
Do the pattern kits such as FAI,conti or gates have modified kits or not...

Hi,

I have had this problem, i get my belt kits (genuine) from GGB Bradford (shop4parts) Fiat have put a plastic idler in the kit and you will probably find the one on the car is a metal idler. The bolt that holds the idler on needs to be replaced as it ain't long enough to go with the new type plastic idler.

Well I've ordered the kit from S4P...ill let everone know what turns up..
Ended up spending more than I wanted...got aux belt tensioner aswell and belt...

Unfortunately, since Buypartsbuy stopped doing the wishbones for £19/side inc. VAT, everything else seems expensive.....

That was a while ago now and I'm still gutted that I couldn't be bothered to buy a pair at the time:bang::bang::bang:.

Overall though, I think suspension parts for the Multi are pretty cheap. That's probably just as well because they need to be replaced quite often. Out of curiosity, a while ago I priced up the replacement cost for all suspended parts (springs, shocks, recon calipers, new discs, drums, cylinders, pads and shoes, suspension arms, bearings - everything except hubs, wheels and tyres) for all four corners and was surprised to find that it wasn't much more than a grand.

These are genuine Wishbones though for £40 each with discount..so should be a perfect fit!
Bought some cheapies with my Coupe and they were a right pain to fit..just slightly the wrong shape/size!!

I'm gutted that they moved up north aswell..didn't GGB have a shop in north london somewhere? Just remember my uncle going there to get parts for my grandads Uno 70SX....oh how I miss that car....and my grandad..

Well arrived this morning...excellent delivery service...less than 24hrs but...after being assured that the timing belt kit comes with the longer bolt for the plastic idler...so its as much use as a choclate teaspot!!
And the wishbones that they are selling as fiat originals are made by Birth.....feel totally ripped off...knew I should have bought from Steve at alternative autos!

Back