the mk2b has several engines
1.2 8v
1.2 16v
1.3 Diesel
1.4 16v
1.8 16v (HGT)
1.9 Diesel

Alot of mk2b's are the classic 1.2 8v and very common

But with the eleganze spec - parkers say there are only the 1.4 and 1.9 as stated in your post

if you are thinking of putting a 1.2 8v in there - get a different punto - as insurance will cost a bomb if you change the engine size

Ziggy

Re: mk2b Eleganza

if you can find one there are some Automatic Dynamics which have all the goodies of the Eleganza like the dual zone climate control.

to be honest the Eleganza is a much heavier car so you wouldn't be unwise to consider the 1.4. there was a really well specced up 1.4 petrol in red for sale not that long back for £2k with factory sunroof parking sensors rain sensing wipers cruise control etc every option ticked basically

Yeah that would be lovely, saw a beautiful 04 red eleganza couldnt justify spending double for one, when i could get a nice dynamic!! :D

Anyway, I was crusing blackbushe bca auction website today and stumbled across a blue Dynamic + (never knew there were Dynamic +)

On closer inspection they seem to be Dynaimcs, with front fogs and eleganza wheels but no climate control(n)

Maybe they were limited edition??

Anyway if i didnt have this Polo i Would buy!

GetDoc.aspx

Bit of a mucky boy , but FSH and being sold with no reserve :D

If only i was allowed another car :slayer:

didn't know dynamic + was a model but most of the later cars had alloys so really just a pair of fog lights which to be honest my dynamic has all the wiring in place for anyway

I've got a HGT (with climate control) and a dynamic with just aircon and can honestly say as climate control systems go (compared to other makers) on cars the Fiat Punto system is absolute junk, I much prefer the old dials and standard aircon at least you can choose if you want anything from cold to warm air and where it blow the climate control system tries to burn your face off if the door is opened and randomly chooses which vents to blow out of, keeps the aircon on constantly until you notice and turn it off, then when you're not looking pops it back on again to try and freeze you to death in the cold weather when it decides the car is warm enough so starts blowing freezing cold air conditioned air in your face/hands/feet randomly in the middle of winter

I know where you come from with the air con, my mum had this Peugeot 307 they brought brand new and the way your turned the climate control on was to click off , not to mention 28 degrees meaning ice cold:bang:..... maybe thats why her new cars got standard dials again, and i have to agree i much prefer them :D

yeah just did my homework, they did make dynamic+, theres 127 registered according to howmany left (y)

Back