Mk2 Help Rust

Currently reading:
Mk2 Help Rust

Dannylad11

Morning All,

I Have A Fiat Punto In Mk2 Dark Blue Active Sport.

And I Have Come Across Some Rust On The Drivers Side Front Wing. Any1 Get Any Ideas What I Could Do

Thanks

Get it re-painted properly.

Where is the rust, on the arch lip?

I would get a new wing as they're fairly cheap and get it professionally sprayed, normally with rust once you have it in a panel it will come back again and again and you will be forever chasing it.

I would get a new wing as they're fairly cheap and get it professionally sprayed, normally with rust once you have it in a panel it will come back again and again and you will be forever chasing it.

Not if it's prepped properly :)

And how much would it cost to get it properly prepped? Must be a similar price to a new wing lol.

Hardly anything considering the cost of a wing which has to be prepped and painted anyway, plus it has to be changed over which takes time. I would just get it sorted properly without replacing.

Well if its ONLY the front wing your in Luck, I have just traded my wife's 2000Sporting and it was shocking.

I had the Rear floor behind both of the front seats cut out (Not that there was much to cut out) and replaced. I once took off the side panel in the back of the cars and was horrified by the bubbles / RED rust. There were bubbles on both wheel arches and on the Roof rails by the rubber strip the paint had bubbled due to rust in the metal.

It was like going back 25 Years to my Mirrafiori ownership.

I think my car was an exception but the underside of the vehicle was a disgrace for car produced in 2000

(n)(n)

My Daughters Scie is a 1999 and is Perfect ! ;)

Last edited:
here were bubbles on both wheel arches and on the Roof rails by the rubber strip the paint had bubbled due to rust in the metal.

I think my car was an exception but the underside of the vehicle was a disgrace for car produced in 2000

The arches and roof rails are very common on the mk2 punto's :(

Floor rot is uncommon though thankfully.

Back