mk1 punto55s make central lockin ?

Currently reading:
mk1 punto55s make central lockin ?

punto 55s

hi. can i convert my none central locking punto to cedntral locking? as i wish to do this and then make it remote and de lock it. many thanks for any help

Yes it is possible, you'll need the locking units from the doors of an SX or higher, go to a scrappy (3 door and 5 door front locks are the same)

You'll also need the relay and some wire either end.

The relay is situated in the glovebox, above the flap in the top of it. It'll be the big yellow one (roughly 2"x2")

Does anyone know where i can get a kit to change my 55 sx central locking into remote central locking? (sorry to go off an a tangent, saves me starting a new thread on a similar subject)

yes m8. before i had my punto i had a vaux cavalier sri as a project, i fitted that with remote central locking. i bought a universal kit off ebay mine was remote start aswell cost me £38 with delivery. or you can just buy a normal one for £20 buy it now. most of these are easy to fit with a little no how and you dont have to install the remote start but it was very good for warming up the car in the morning ( just leave the heaters on lol )

Does anyone know where i can get a kit to change my 55 sx central locking into remote central locking? (sorry to go off an a tangent, saves me starting a new thread on a similar subject)

if you already have central loocking then all you need is a remote relay i believe., cant really remember but im pretty sure thats on the mk1.,

as for the OP., go on ebay abd get the universal kit, it'll work out a lot cheaper than second hand stuff from a breakers.,

Back