Technical MELTED A 15 Amp Service Fuse!

Currently reading:
Technical MELTED A 15 Amp Service Fuse!

herut

Driving along and all of a sudden, turn signals don't work. Figured it might be the indicator relay-clicker thing. Parked the car, came out, started it: no dials moving at all, KM gone, and car wouldn't shift out of Park! Finally got it started in N and from there got to D and home. Seems I also lost Brake Lights (!) and Reverse Light.

Got home and checked fuse box: a 15 Amp fuse had not merely blown, but was MELTED and FUSED (no pun) to the fuse panel. I disconnected the battery, then went to work with a needle nose and micro flat blade to dig the plastic and contacts out. Put in new fuse, did the reconnect-start-wait-5-minutes ECU reset thing and everything seems to be working. BUT, before I did the disconnect, I had pulled the other 15 Amp fuse (next to the melted one) to check it.

1. Any idea why a 15 Amp dashboard power fuse would MELT?
2. Of course, my air bag light is now on. Did I cause this by (stupidly) removing the other 15 Amp Service Fuse w/o disconnecting the battery?
3. Might another ECU reset clear the air bag light? (didn't think so but thought I'd ask:D.) AFAIK, the Air Bag has it's own ECU and its a bear to deal with.
4. ANY idea how to do a diagnostic/rest on an IAW 1AF ECU? [1998 Marea Weekend, 1.6 Auto.] So far, neither UniDiag nor FiatECUscan seems to support this. Weird.

Probably the best thing you could is go to FiatecuScan forum and ask there if it supports your car and if it dosent ask him to add it. He started off with the Marea 110JTD (the same as my car) and he added to it all the time mostly requests for peoples cars.

Back