Maximum USB Size?

Currently reading:
Maximum USB Size?

Hi all, just purchased a 16GB Busbi USB stick (it's REALLY tiny)
Having a problem in that when you insert USB all is well, but as soon as you switch off the ignition, the next time you start up the USB is not found. Remove and reinsert and all is well again until you switch off again!
Never had any problems with the old (HUGE) 8GB stick, is this a compatibility issue with larger USB drives?
Not sure which version of Blue & Me the car has (Fiat 500 by the way) it's the one the car came with (October 2011).
Any advice/help gratefully received.:)

People seem to have different experiences with this, but it seems to generally work most reliably with 8GB sticks or lower.
I switched from a 16GB to 8GB stick at the same time as I upgraded from v5.5 to 5.6 and the change largely cured the issues I was having - I couldn't say how much was due to the software upgrade or the smaller flash drive though.

People seem to have different experiences with this, but it seems to generally work most reliably with 8GB sticks or lower.
I switched from a 16GB to 8GB stick at the same time as I upgraded from v5.5 to 5.6 and the change largely cured the issues I was having - I couldn't say how much was due to the software upgrade or the smaller flash drive though.

Thanks for your reply, did think it could be too large a USB stick will have to buy a 8GB version or go back to the old one! Could try a software update.
Does anybody know how to tell what version of Blue & Me software is currently installed?:confused:

Thanks for replies.
Put the old USB (actually a 4GB it turns out) back in and it works fine.
Will try an update when I'm feeling brave... Would be nice to use the Busbi.

32gb stick and have the issue where i have to pull it out nd back in to work (sometimes) but its a small price to pay lol

My 2007 gp throws a wobbly when I insert a 4gb stick so I'm still on a 2gb. It maybe just that it doesn't like the particular 4gb stick I have, I've not bothered to try others.

Back