Technical marea electrics

Currently reading:
Technical marea electrics

bouncinbo

i have a 1998 marea weekend 125 td. the other day i was driving along when the radio cut out i though it had blown a fuse until i noticed the speedo needle had gone round to max speed,the rev counter,fuel and temp gauges weren't working. i also found the interior light in the front isnt working but the boot one is.also the central locking doesnt wok on the remote but does lock with the key(i have put new batteries in the key just in case) ive been told it may be a bad earth. ive tried dissconecting the battery to reset it but nothing happened.can anyone shed some light on this for me,or had the same problem? where will i find the bad earth? is it a big job? ..........ive had the car for about 6 months and have no other problems with it so i dont want give up on it but to be honest im fed up with the worry of running out of diesel as the trip has packed up too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did those three faults occur at the same time ?. Does your interior light have a delay timer ?. If so, it could be a supply missing to the convenience module (one of the big plug in boxes behind the glove compartment. the instrument cluster not working also sounds like an intermittent loss of supply (why the speedo went full circle). check the fuses and the voltages present on them at the fuse panel under the dash.. you will need a multimeter or a test light (a 5W bulb with wires attached would do)

Owen.

Back