Technical Lowering

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering

Robin1600

Another lowering question. Seicento sporting.

Spring kits available in 30mm/ 40/ 60 mm drop. Is anyone using a 60mm drop on the road. I know the clearance concerns so lets not get too deep here in conversation, but is 60 mm too much for road use- or should i stick with the cheaper 40mm springs?

The car aready has the lower strut brace. Whats the general thoughts? 40mm or 60mm?

cheers

Rob

I use 60mm on road car, pain at times though :(

with lower strut brace 30mm max lowering... without can drop lower...

Remember if you hit the lower strut brace on the floor its going to pull your tracking way way out (n)

i've got 60mm on my cinq sporting, have about 3" or so clearance on the down pipe, lol.

its fine on the road till to find a road with humps, lol. the black ones are fine, if you crawl. the small red ones, often in pairs, go over them both at the same time.

i've beached once so far, lol. pushed my exhaust up on the mid to front section so need to undo the bracket and square it up again. it knocks on the underneith a little thats all. oh yeah, also need to re-paint a bit of that tar stuff on the underside now too, lol.

not trying to scare you, just be carefull. and plan your routes, lol.

I use 60mm on road car, pain at times though :(

with lower strut brace 30mm max lowering... without can drop lower...

Remember if you hit the lower strut brace on the floor its going to pull your tracking way way out (n)

So thats why my tracking is so out:rolleyes: :rolleyes: mines lowered about 30/40mm with the lower brace,alot of bashing about at first with it on but it soon flattens out and bends abit so it hardly ever scrapes now:) :)

also why does it pull the tracking out??

its basically all attached to your suspension at the bottom, along with the steering and drive out put. if you wack it hard enough, you knock it all out of sync. forcing one wheel to be turned one way or the other, more that the opposing wheel.

or something like that, lol

Well ive had a good load of whacks to the strut brace,and since ive had it,me tracking is way out:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ahwell,will sort the tracking tomorrow,

When i let go of the wheel the car swerves to the left badly(n) (n) (n) people and work take the **** saying im warming my tyres up as im always sorting stuff out like me harnesses or radio.lol. no one seems to like my car at work(n) (n) (n) someone called it a 'wendy house on wheels' today :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ahwell

Planning on lowering it further so will be removing the lower brace in the future.it'll just be silly any lower

Back