General Locks

Currently reading:
General Locks

bazjay

Hi all,hope your all having a good holiday,having trouble with the lock barrel driving door,seems to be blocked key will not go in,is it possible to get a new barrel fitted,what does that involve and an idea of cost
Qubo 2012th

I lost my keys and fob,so tried the spare key,that's when I found out barrel was broken, Breakdown came out and sorted me getting inside car and up and running again,but they also confirmed my barrel was broken.
Thanks

Could be that all the ‘key fingers’ and associated springs have gone, jamming the slot…if it is that you won’t be able to just ‘key it out’ wehn taking off clip
But, and this worked for me some years ago on a mito, take the whole door handle to a good locksmith and they should be able to get the lock out without wrecking the handle and key surround, they also managed to free off the lock (jammed/gummed up) and refit it without going down the route of a new one with associated reprogrammed key

Assume you, or the breakdown company, ruled out the possibility of ice blocking the barrel or freezing the the lock tumblers?
The car was in a underground car park when this happened so no frost,but that was a good call thanks
good news though lost my keys on Xmas eve,they were found in Starbucks by staff so I do have my fob/keys back but still have the problem of the broken barrel,thanks for input

Could be that all the ‘key fingers’ and associated springs have gone, jamming the slot…if it is that you won’t be able to just ‘key it out’ wehn taking off clip
But, and this worked for me some years ago on a mito, take the whole door handle to a good locksmith and they should be able to get the lock out without wrecking the handle and key surround, they also managed to free off the lock (jammed/gummed up) and refit it without going down the route of a new one with associated reprogrammed key
Ok,thanks for info,will give it a go,so I need a good auto locksmith,thats good to know I did not think there was such a thing as a auto locksmith ,not sure how the lock comes off ,something I need to find more about
Thanks

Ok,thanks for info,will give it a go,so I need a good auto locksmith,thats good to know I did not think there was such a thing as a auto locksmith ,not sure how the lock comes off ,something I need to find more about
Thanks
It wasn’t an auto locksmith, although there are a few round cleck-udders-fax, and Leeds and Bradford, this was a general locksmith in Leeds, it was cheaper than replacing the full lock set, or single key/remote and getting it coded…I think any locksmith worth their salt should be able to give it a good go, but good old locksmiths are, like good technicians, are getting replaced by the ‘kwik-fit-fitters’, replace rather than repair

It wasn’t an auto locksmith, although there are a few round cleck-udders-fax, and Leeds and Bradford, this was a general locksmith in Leeds, it was cheaper than replacing the full lock set, or single key/remote and getting it coded…I think any locksmith worth their salt should be able to give it a good go, but good old locksmiths are, like good technicians, are getting replaced by the ‘kwik-fit-fitters’, replace rather than repair
Yeah,it's the same with lots of the old trades,I am sure I can find a locksmith in the Merseyside area,but I have been informed that replacing a barrel can be expensive so will see

Thanks

Hi all
Any idea on removing the driving door lock,have had a look and seems things could go wrong if you don't know the correct order of releasing stuff,any help I would be grateful

Thanks

Back