Technical Locks problemo...

Currently reading:
Technical Locks problemo...

ROJ

Driver's Lock does not work... Cannot lock the door from the driver's side, even by central lock... Its always open unless i lock the passenger's door...

Last night i turned the car on & i saw a "Key Lock" light come up... This only happened once but the lock problem existed since i 1st got the car...

Anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited:
i had a similar problem as the key would not work at all from the drivers side, i had to use the passenger door to lock the car but the central locking was working, it turned out to be the barrel, and luckily enough i bought a complete lock set from ebay and changed all the locks. This sorted out the problem

I would guess a rod or plastic clip has come off or not been put back on correctly by previous owner.

I didnt check what happening beyond the door panel... but most likely its the barrel... Think ill buy the car a remote & get done with it... Is there a chance the problem will get worse??

Last edited:
i have same problem i can only lock or left or right door. if i lock left and then try right after 1-2 second you can hear "click" and both are unlocked...

I didnt check what happening beyond the door panel... but most likely its the barrel... Think ill buy the car a remote & get done with it... Is there a chance the problem will get worse??

Before you do anything check behind the door panel, it may be a very simple issue with a locking rod coming loose. If not then you know it is the barrel, start with the simplest (cheapest) problem and work up the stack!

I have almost the same problem with the driver's door locking...hell...even closing sometimes.
The problem appears only when its real cold outside (below 0). :bang: I had the issue also last 2 winters... So I reccon it's the cold causing this problem.
I have alarm with remote control...and when I open the door then try to close it...it would not close...I've put some oil on the locking mechanism...now it's closing but not locking.
The alarm's remote controlls the central locking and it tries to lock the doors but it fails and unlocks them. Its a issue on the drivers door.
I think the only solution is to take the central locking mechanism and door barrel out, clean & grease them.

Last edited:
Back