Technical LED brake light replacement

Currently reading:
Technical LED brake light replacement

Hughbarlin

I’m driving a 2012 Panda Twinair Lounge and I want to replace the brake lights with LED ones. Apparently, they might trigger fault warnings. Something about the CANBus system and the lower current they draw. My question is: what LED units will work without needing a resistor or anything else? There must be a specification or a make that someone has tried and found works.

The Osram retrofit LEDs are not legal in the whole EU. I could use them on my Ducato for example in Czechia and Germany, but not in Poland...

But I still think of buying a set and use them abroad. By the time I'll finish the build perhaps they will be legal all around the EU :D
Tbh, the whole address sends such a minefield that I’ve just bought standard replacements. Will try fixing the heating control light though.

Regarding having a light out and being stopped by the police.

I would find it had to believe that any decent cop would fine you on the spot for one light not working. Even their cars can have lights go out so they should ticket themselves.

What they should do is advise you, give you a "vehicle rectification notice".

https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police-while-driving-your-rights/faults-with-your-vehicle

However if they find multiple lights out or other items indicating that the vehicle is not cared for obviously not routinely checked then this is another ball game.

Of course having spare bulbs is sensible and helps one case / position but if the vehicle is still not cared for / checked / other faults etc. then you can have all the spare bulbs, tools, manuals etc. in the car but they won't do you any good.

Tbh, the whole address sends such a minefield that I’ve just bought standard replacements. Will try fixing the heating control light though.
I can't but help mention / pick up on Motor Bike Exhausts.

See: https://begin-motorcycling.co.uk/motorcycle-exhaust-laws/

I think you know where this is going in that many many bikers replace their exhaust with totally non compliant and noisy exhaust pipes. Noise = Speed = Power = Macho = *ollocks!

Just going to put my ear defenders on for possible noisy replies :)

Back