Styling Leather dash panel mod

Currently reading:
Styling Leather dash panel mod

Some quick phone pics of the dash fitted, I'll do some better pics when the car's clean and I'm in a more photogenic location!

I have taken extra pics as I went on that I can make into a guide if enough people are interested, I'm quite pleased with how it came out for a relatively easy mod and might be persuaded to repeat the task for anyone else who wants one done. All in all there was about four hours of work involved, the cost of a spare dash panel and the leather which was about a third of the sheet I bought off ebay for £20 inc. postage, (in case you wanted to work out how much beer it's worth lol ;))

lets have a look at the camera location and do you have the camera turn on when the car goes into reverse via the reverse light?

Tomorrow's job is to fit the front and rear dashcams and to hopefully pick up the power from behind the interior light, I have seen three wires there so I am assuming that is 12v, ground and canbus..... If not I will have to run power around the windscreen, not. Huge problem as I will have a video cable running up there anyway.

The reverse cam I am not rushing with, my preferred option is to get an abarth style spoiler and fit a camera into it which looks down over the tailgate and shows a top down view of the area I'm reversing into, option b is to mount a small one into the removable cover for the towing eye, although I'm not a fan of reverse cameras that show only a straight back view with no point of reference..

Back