Learn to drift

Currently reading:
Learn to drift

Looking forward to #2 son's 18th b'day & thinking about getting him something 'petrol head' related.
We thought either a driving experience where he gets to chuck a few sporty motors around a track OR a 'learn to drift' day.
Trouble with the 'drive a sports car' days is that you spend a couple of minutes in each car then loads of waiting around - or so many of the reviews have you believe.
We do think he'd love to learn to drift & I note there is a Caterham drift day on a regular basis held at silverstone.

Anyone had any experience of these courses - this one in particular?

I done something similar at Knockhill a couple years back in an NSX. It was bags of fun, just need to remember when you're off the track you can't keep it up.:D

I done something similar at Knockhill a couple years back in an NSX. It was bags of fun, just need to remember when you're off the track you can't keep it up.:D

It's so good you get wood? cool, he'll love that :devil:
He's talking about getting together with a couple of mates & doing something up/ down for banger racing.
I've driven all sorts of motors, different sizes etc but something I've never done is drifting. I think if he were to do the day he will learn a lot & it should help him out if ever he was to get in a sticky situation (maybe). It should definitely give him a bit of respect for the car/road.

It certainly does that mate. It's all the G forces they go for yer heed! Body just aches for a day after it but no big deal considering it's not something you get to do every day. I'd thoroughly recommended it!

Back