Technical lambda sensor wireing

Currently reading:
Technical lambda sensor wireing

Help please :worship: whilst waiting for my new MAP sensor to arrive i looked at the lambda .. now the cowboy before me has replaced with a universal one and as if that wasnt bad enough just taped the wires together . can some kind person tell me which wire to which wire on the plug pleas so as i can solder them on . the sensor has two white and one grey and one black . im useless with diagrams but if someone could tell me which wire to which pin (preferably loom side ) i can see if this sorts or at least helps my sky high emissions before the new map sensor arrives
cheers (y)
*edit*
sorry typed in a rush
Its a year 200 1.2 16 valve with ONE lambda
the loom side wires are
Yellow
Green
Red/white
Brown /white

Last edited:
Its a year 200 1.2 16 valve with ONE lambda
Wow that's old! :p

I'm assuming that the loom side connector plug is still attached?

So the bare wires you have are to link to the wires from the connector from your old sensor?

If so, on the universal sensor the wires are:
Black = Signal
Grey = Earth
White x2 = Heater wires (either end of a heater coil so can be connected either way around)

The plug on the sensor side should look like this:
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_LB1389.html
If so, with the plug in the same orientation as the picture on the page, the connections left to right are:
heater - heater - earth - signal
or to put it another way:
white - white - grey - black

Wow that's old! :p

I'm assuming that the loom side connector plug is still attached?

So the bare wires you have are to link to the wires from the connector from your old sensor?

If so, on the universal sensor the wires are:
Black = Signal
Grey = Earth
White x2 = Heater wires (either end of a heater coil so can be connected either way around)

The plug on the sensor side should look like this:
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_LB1389.html
If so, with the plug in the same orientation as the picture on the page, the connections left to right are:
heater - heater - earth - signal
or to put it another way:
white - white - grey - black
Nope its a new ebay sensor they have fitted with some other type of plug as well :( but i do still have the original loom plug so i can work it out from this .
cheers (y)
just re read your post lol (been a very long day ) . thats brilliant thats just the info i needed so as you say i will solder the connections from left to right as in the picture . cheers

Last edited:
Back