Punto (Mk2/2b) Knackered HGT put back on the road

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Knackered HGT put back on the road

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
I don't know if anyone remembers this thread basically the guy bought this mk2 hgt cheap with serious electrical problems and after changing the ECU and I believe the body computer at ridiculous cost brand new from the dealers, combined with numerous other problems, it was suggested that he was spending a lot of money on a car he'd be lucky to sell for a grand

Well it's just appeared on Gumtree here http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...p-spec-long-mot-excellent-condition/107871996

Seems he wants £1400 but half the problems still exsist including the faulty airbag system and cd changer. He's not even bothered to fix the bonnet badge,

If it weren't for the airbag system though this could potentially be a nice little buy given all the money it's had spent on it ?cheap ebay airbag ecu to fix

Annoyingly for the seller this newer mk2 hgt in yellow is also up for sale in the same area without all the faults for The same money Both cheap fast cars and well worth a look

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
In a round about way that's a point I was trying to make however I have a feeling any new owner of that car may end up here to try and fix the rest of the faults.

However it's had a lot of money spent on it, and with other better cars on the market I fell there is a bit of room to negotiate on that price

Nutter that I am I actually went to see this motor whilst my Car was being sorted out for a claim. The car is very clean throughout and a very fine example. There is some lea way on the price but at the time I saw it he was asking £1600 a few months ago and has now reviewed his price. The only issue I had with it was that for a car of that age it was a little bit high and for that sort of money everything should be there down to the last nut and bolt. However it was missing its fuse box cover and exhaust down pipe heat shield? Not the end of the world I know but considering what he was asking a bit much I thought. Ended picking one up with less miles for HALF the price, two years older and less mileage! It's a lovely car all things said, decent seller too!

Back