Karcher foam lance

Currently reading:
Karcher foam lance

Any good? :confused:

Thinking of getting it in a 3 for 2 at Halfords. Dunno what other 2 items to get.

Might have got them today but local halfords was useless as usual - take some pride in your job ffs! Website shows stock - they didn't have a clue.

personally i'd opt for one like in the group buy section... but thats just me :)

Photo0045.jpg

my CYC one has been fine...the karacher one seemed well abit rubbish when i saw one and didnt really foam to well....

I think a lot of the foaming is just detailing willy waving. The foam need only be 1/2mm thick, it doesn't need to be like shaving foam. Only the bits in contact with the car are actually working on the dirt. It doesn't need to stay on for hours, a few mins will do, and I can always re-apply.

I think a lot of the foaming is just detailing willy waving. The foam need only be 1/2mm thick, it doesn't need to be like shaving foam. Only the bits in contact with the car are actually working on the dirt. It doesn't need to stay on for hours, a few mins will do, and I can always re-apply.

someone with a little common sense has sneaked in:eek:

i understnad what your saying butm, firstly you've got to consider how often your going to use it tbh, and whether its worth for the more expensive lance, personally i find the control of the more expensive ones easier, and i have yet to here of them rusting as such, ok apart from one exploding but that was down to the user more so....

on the 3 for 2 i wud probs go for AG SRP and something else cheap zymol conc. shampoo is back made by TW is quite gd...

Last edited:
Not really... I was wanting the foam gun, and a clay kit... so the AG pressure washer shampoo (which I'll use in the foam gun) was free... Might have been able to get the other two cheaper online but I wouldn't have just been able to go and buy it.

Sammi - if you go on the halfords website if shows if it's in the 3-for-2 deal. Print the page out if you've had trouble with not-so-bright Halfords workers in the past trying to say it's not included.

I've read all sorts on detailing world about these expencive ones rusting, breaking, leaking... etc.

Had no problem with my lance (Hd lance from Elite car care ) cant see brass or stainless steel rusting ;)

only issue i have had is the stainless gauze got clogged with soap and lime deposits

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84349&highlight=lance+strip+down

I have found many of the foam solutions which give the thick foam do naff all in the terms of cleaning.... the Bilt hamber stuff i used on tris's car (pic above) dwells for about 3-4 mins if that and isn't that thick but it cleans "rather" well

the other issue with the HD lance fitting karcher has supposedly been sorted..

Well with a new toy couldn't wait to play with it. The car was truly filthy before I started, so put some of the autoglym pressure washer mix into the bottle, topped up with hot water and went for it.

Made a decent foam which hung around for a few minutes, slowly sliding off the car. Only issue was the size of the reservoir which ran out after maybe a minute. Could have done maybe the whole car in one go but my pressure washer hose isn't long enough so took 2 goes to cover the car.

Then I did it again as it was quite fun :D

Left for a while then rinsed off. Certainly loosened the thick of the dirt. Washed the rest of the filth off the car 2 bucket stylee. I think if it had a decent wax/sealant on the car this would be sufficient to clean properly each week without needing to get the buckets out.

Will be giving it another wash on Thurs as well as taking the wheels off for a real good clean inside and out, and the arches.

Back