Punto (Mk2/2b) Just a hello (to start with)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Just a hello (to start with)

Scots nobby

I just thought id drop by and say hi i have been given a mk2 punto and when i knew i was getting it i googled forums and this one was at the top! I have already been enlightend by the site to the juddery wipers and PAS faults by the forums and low and behold my car has juddery wipers and the linkage has broken also has an intermitant with the PAS (thinking it might be the battery) The front washer doesnt work. The engine managment light comes on intermitantly (i was told it was the CAT but im thinking lamba sensor!) The car also sort of shakes when idling (maybe a misfire?) So as you can see i have my hands full just now and will no doubt in the future be adding more posts looking for help!

I just thought id drop by and say hi i have been given a mk2 punto and when i knew i was getting it i googled forums and this one was at the top! I have already been enlightend by the site to the juddery wipers and PAS faults by the forums and low and behold my car has juddery wipers and the linkage has broken also has an intermitant with the PAS (thinking it might be the battery) The front washer doesnt work. The engine managment light comes on intermitantly (i was told it was the CAT but im thinking lamba sensor!) The car also sort of shakes when idling (maybe a misfire?) So as you can see i have my hands full just now and will no doubt in the future be adding more posts looking for help!

I can't help with the rest & it's the least of your problems, but when my windscreen wiper linkage broke, this worked a treat for me;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261010021644

Bit of a pig to fit but worth the effort. Another way to fix them would be to drill through both arms and attach with a nut & bolt.

As you got the car for free I think it will be worth your while working through the problems. I''ve had my sporting for two months after stepping down from bigger cars and I just love it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah its definetly worth it! I got to be honest i never thought id have a punto never mind enjoy driving it!

LOL, welcome to both of you, ive had a few Punto's too , what model of Mk2 is it ?

I am unsure to which model it is! Does it come in bog standard???
Thank you for the welcome

Back