Technical Juddering Wipers?

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering Wipers?

Hi guys, I have a wiper problem. When the screen is dry and wipe them, the wipers work fine. However, when i wash the windscreen the wipers start juddering. Could this be a linkage?
P.s. The blades are fine, recently replaced them with bosch aero twins.

Thanks
HH

Have you got rain sensors?
Does it do it in the rain or only when wash wiping?
If the linkage was bad i'd think it would do it all the time.

Thanks for that, I need to be sure its a wiper linkage problem though, although mine is bound to fail in classic stilo style! ;)

Well I wish you good luck, mine failed in the classic stilo style... on the M4... while pissing down... being on the fast lane... :bang: needless to say, in 10 seconds I couldn't see anything in front

Andy

What's inside the bottle? :)

I've got the same blades and they do an excellent job, although if I buy cheap windscreen washing liquid they start to judder really loud and annoying.

Changed the liquid to something better, problem solved. :)

I too think that if the linkage was at fault, you would have problems all the time.

Simple thing to try. Wipe the blades with vinegar. Gets all the unseen crap off them sbd lubricates them and costs nothing to try.

Thanks alot for the suggestions guys! I ended up buying the repair kit lol, i think its a worthwhile investment. What ill do is ill wipe the blades and change the washer fluid aswell, because it does only judder when i wash it, and even then its only sometimes. Ill let you guys know how this works out :)

HH

I don't think it has anything to do with the wiper linkage but I guess it is a good idea to have everything in perfect working conditions so you don't get stuck on the middle of the motorway.

I found that if it's a mixture of water and washing liquid they do tend to judder quite a lot but that's because of the high concentration of alcohol which makes the windshield less slippery. :)

Back