General JTD Engine Management Light

Currently reading:
General JTD Engine Management Light

I'm not sure what actually fixed it but I took the MAF sensor out and checked it was in the correct orientation in the GSR kit (looked at the airflow arrow on it, it was in the correct orientation) and then put it all back together. Then I took the car out for a drive (with MAF sensor connected) and it seemed to have regained most of it's power but the engine management light was still on. I gave the car a good thrashing for a few minutes and the engine management light went out and the car seems to have regained full power now. :)

Strange , my mangement light is on but sometimes i feel the car with no too much power , but now it looks allright , but the light is still on .. :confused:
Anyway i just found out , the tube of oil breather is leaking oil.. :(
Is that dangerous ?

Sorry to bring up an old thread I have this problem took it to fiat with the error code p0170 which means mixture problem guessing giving the car to much air they reset ecu but it came back on couple of days later I know there is nothing wrong with the car as its running fine not a dramatic fuel consumption when I last checked just want the engine managment light to go away because its annoying me lol any help ??

Back