Technical Isofix Top tether Point in Multipla?

Currently reading:
Technical Isofix Top tether Point in Multipla?

Twins plus Two

Please can someone help me! I need to buy Stage 1 car seats for my 16 month old twins and would like to take advantage of the ISOFIX option. I have 2006 Multipla JTD and unfortunately neither Britax or Maxi-Cosi have tested their seats in it yet so they are not listed as suitable. My only option is if there is a "Top tether point" or third ISOFIX anchorage point then there is a Bebe Confort car seat I can use. the handbook is useless- it doesn't show anything specific although there *is* something like it in the picture.

Can anyone help please?
TIA, kate

Have you tried going to your local Britax or Maxi-Cosi supplier - most should have demonstration seats that they should let you try to see if they fit in your car safely.

No because they rely on car manufacturers to say whether isofix seats are compatible now and you either have to have your car on the tested and compatible list or know whether you have a third tether point! Noone (Halford's, mothercare, Nippers etc) will even contemplate trying it my car - t hey will all fit but will only be "compatible" if the above criteria is met. Such a nightmare!

kate

I thought that the whole point of ISOFIX was that an ISOFIX seat would fit in an ISOFIX equipped car (surely that's the meaning of the 'iso' bit of the name:confused: ) and so get away from the problems of different seat belt webbing and buckle positions.
The 'top tether' description sounds like the Australian regulations for fitting child seats where they use a strap from the top rear of the child seat to (on a saloon) a point on the rear parcel shelf.

Just to follow up from my previous reply -I've just bought a BRITAX DUO PLUS CAR SEAT with ISOFIX for my 9 month old and it fits perfectly in my 2006 Multipla eleganza with no need for a top tether attachment or 3rd ISOFIX Point.You can also attach it with the seatbelts at the same time for added stability but to be honest this is not necessary as it is a very solid fit-hope this is of some help

Back