Technical iphone issues

Currently reading:
Technical iphone issues

So..I replaced the original cigar lighter assuming it was broke as when I attempted to plug an iphone into it the phone wouldn't connect/start charging..

WRONG...same issue with the new unit. Iphone and charger works fine in my car. My iphone and charger don't work in the fiat either...

Confused. Does anyone have any ideas?

You using a lighter or a power socket? My gp doesn't have a lighter its a power socket.

If power socket double check that the adapter is sitting right (sometimes have to be certain way, did this on a focus I had). Check the metal parts of the parts too. If these fail see if the fuse hasn't blown within the car

Last edited:
You using a lighter or a power socket? My gp doesn't have a lighter its a power socket.

If power socket double check that the adapter is sitting right (sometimes have to be certain way, did this on a focus I had). Check the metal parts of the parts too. If these fail see if the fuse hasn't blown within the car

im referring to the socket that sits by the handbrake. Its new as is the charger im attempting to use. The fuses is good..the socket lights up..

So your connecting the iPhone to the current socket. The light on the adapter turns on but phone wont charge. You using a original iPhone lead or aftermarket one? Sounds stupid but sometimes after market ones won't work with certain things. I've had load USB cables that do this

The aftermarket charger ,with integrated works with both mine and my daughters iphones in my Vectra but neither work in her Fiat. ITS RECONISED BUT IMMEDIATLY COMES UP WITH A MESSAGE TO THE EFFECT OF 'THIS MAY NOT WORK/BE COMPATIBLE WITHE IPHONE.

I use a cigarette to 2.1amp usb converter then use a USB iPhone cable.

Like this:
sku_224300_1.jpg

Because this USB is to connect to the car's systems rather than just being a usb power point, it's likely the iPhone is seeing it as an incompatible accessory and refusing to connect to protect its self, their is an adaptor needed to connect iPhones to Blue&Me I'd suspect until one of these is in place the iPhone is just refusing to play.

Because this USB is to connect to the car's systems rather than just being a usb power point, it's likely the iPhone is seeing it as an incompatible accessory and refusing to connect to protect its self, their is an adaptor needed to connect iPhones to Blue&Me I'd suspect until one of these is in place the iPhone is just refusing to play.

I don't have Blue and Me but connect the phone via a cable through the rear of the unit.

Adapter?...do you have a link available?..

Back