Technical Internal fans have stopped,, HELP

Currently reading:
Technical Internal fans have stopped,, HELP

JEPH

Hello,

very new to the fiat forum, i've had my 2002 Punto for a while and recently the internal fans just stopped working, i've checked the fuses and nothing seems to be the problem, I removed the internal fascia and could not seem to find the problem.

If you could please help I would be very grateful

Many Thanks Jessica

Hello and WELCOME TO THE FORUM???

Have you sidelights started coming on when you turn the fan on by any chance? Secondly, have you checked the wirng connector at the bottom of the fan? (can be easily knocked by someone with big feet) Just incase you dont know where it is, its located in the passenger footwell behind the glove box. You get at it by removing the carpet bit of trim under the glovebox. Failing that, test that you are getting voltage at the connector to rule out faulty switch unit etc.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Same problem as at the start of the thread, fan stopped working, console lights stopped working + side lights do come on when turning the fan switch.

Any ideas as it's freezing in this cold weather and can't clear the windscreen.

Update,

Removed and cleaned the earthing points;

1, multi-plug on Nearside inner wing
2, at front of battery tray
3, top of gearbox( because I could)

no luck - so then checked the fan motor wiring;

the multi-plug all seemed fine ( could not unplug easily though)

the 2-wire plug (towards passenger door) seemed loose but reinstalling it properly didn't help - so I'm awaiting further info..

scenario is unchanged =
with ignition on , any position setting on fan motor = make the sidelights illuminate ,
fan switch to OFF = lights off.

is there another Earthing bank I'm not seeing..??,

thanks,
Charlie

if your sidelights are coming on instead of the fan - the earting connector has failed (see guides) as a result the electrical juices flow else were to escape
via the sidelights odd - but thats electronics for you

Anyway
Im surprised nobody has said this

Does it work Top speed? On the punto its no4

if it works on 4 its the resistor pack
If the motor isn't getting 12v its a relay/wire damage/fuse

if there is 12v and it dont work - its the fan

Ziggy

Hi Ziggy,
thanks - I'll have another look through the guides..,

I'm considering getting the motor out and spinning it as I switch on the power, just to see if it's got a "dead-spot",

thanks

Charlie
EDIT:
OK - found the guide now thanks = Mk2 - My sidelights come on instead of my interior fan!!!

going to try this later - certainly sounds like the right fix!!,
Charlie

Last edited:
Back