Technical Interior Lights on Grande Punto all dead!!

Currently reading:
Technical Interior Lights on Grande Punto all dead!!

Petrolhead1

Ok, I'm new here so please be nice:). Before I raised this question I did a fairly comprehensive search to see if this has come up before. Nothing found:confused:. If the answer is already here then please just point me in the right direction.

We recently bought a 1.4 Grande Punto Dynamic 06 plate. Great little car really pleased with it.

The interior lights have not worked since we picked up the car from a small dealer. Taking it back isn't an option as its over 100 miles and I thought the solution should be relatively easy. However not as easy as I thought.

My immediate reaction was as none of the lights work it must be a fuse blown. So out with the manual which describes the fuse box position under the steering wheel WRONG yes we all now know its behind the glovebox on the passengers side. Then I had a close look at it and compared it to the manual. The manual shows 14 fuse positions of which 13 should have fuses in WRONG ours actually has only 12 positions and the top 2 are empty.

I saw the manual said the interior lights need a 10 amp fuse so took one out checked it was not blown and plugged it in both of the empty slots - nothing. So now I'm pretty stumped other than taking it to my local car electrics expert which seems a bit excessive for something that should be simple.

If anyone can suggest any other checks or solutions then please come back to me.

Could it be a fuse missing? Maybe taken out by the dealer to make sure the battery doesn't drain and he forgot to put it back.

Is the cabin fuse box the one with the fuse in or is the fuse in the engine bay Fuse box?

Does the ignition need to be on to test the interior lights? I wouldn't have thought the lights would be much use if that were the case.

Thanks in anticipation

Petrolhead

Hello matey, sorry to hear about your problem. You are in the right place. The fuse box in the glove box more or less is for the interior of your car. Some will be missing for other models that will have fogs, air conditioning etc etc. The fuse your after is on the top left when looking in. If thats ok then there could be loose wiring behind the instrument panel. If you can get the radio out the rest simply clip off. If wiring looks ok then I would see you local Fiat dealer. Oh your right it is a 10 amp fuse.

Thanks guys help and advice much appreciated.

There are twin interior lights at the front both with their own 3 way switches which is why my instinct is that it isn't the bulbs. Fortunately there is a bit of Manufacturer warranty left so I may try taking it to the local Fiat dealer if I cannot find the fault easily.

hi, im new to this,
my fiat punto dynamic 1.3 5dr (08 plate) interior light used to work but i bought 2 new blue bulbs, i put 1 in and it worked, when i put the second 1 in both bulbs worked for 2 secs then cut out now it isnt working, my manual has gone missing so i look at a fuse box at the top right of my engine bay and none of the fuses were blown, does any1 know if there is another fuse box in the car where i can check, PLEASE HELP !!!! it is annoying driving in the dark

Back