Technical Inlet control valve

Currently reading:
Technical Inlet control valve

shyster

I have been wanting to do this for ages and want to do it this weekend. Looked throught the guide, but unsure exactly where it is, i have taken some pics to see if i have found it.

I managed to take off the the securing clip, but now what, how do i access it?

Oh its 1.8

Attachments

• Photo0423.jpg
    Photo0423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • Photo0424.jpg
    Photo0424.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
yes thats the pipe change the crap clip whilst its off they are a pain in the arse to put back on it costs about £1.50 for a jubilee clip :)
Karl.

those clips are easy to put back (provided you have not broken it while opening): using your fingers --> move it as close to closing position as possible (this will torque it up enough to let friction hold it in place for the next step) --> using your free flat-head screwdriver push pin head (it is concave at the bottom - perfect size for the screwdriver stored in your spare wheel) to its ‘locked’ position (you might need to use your fingers again to push it down at the same time)

for 1.8 (once clip is off) - remove air pipe --> you will find a nice mesh protecting your inlet (it is secured in place by a thin metal o-ring) --> using a very fine pin (or similar) hook the o-ring through one of its circular holes (there is one at each end) --> pulling towards the centre and up - remove o-ring --> remove metal mesh

Remainder of the procedure for 1.8 is the same ...
use search if you want to find out more

argh frustrating. Think i must be special or missing the obvoius. The air pipe wont budge. Taken off the silver clip which goes all the way round.

Do i access it from the pipe, once its removed?

The pipe should just pull off you might want to push a thin screw driver under the end of the pipe and run it around the edge to free it up
Karl

Back