Technical injector light on

Currently reading:
Technical injector light on

I have a yr 2000 1.6 petrol Multipla, I have just bought the car and it required a head gasket, I replaced the gasket and all seemed well for a couple of miles, it devoloped a misfire and the injector fault light came on.

I cannot remember why I did but I removed the petrol cap and found that there was a large vacum in the fuel tank, the air rushed in making the tank creak, I have ran the car again and the problem persists, if I run it the tank does not seem able to vent itself, I did run the car with the fuel cap off for a while and the misfire and warning light did disappear, any ideas would be gratefully received

Injectors or a injector has gone mine still has the tank problem I Havant managed to pin it down yet easy to source part

So does any one else no of a fix for the fuel tank problem as I take it we ain't the only 2 this has happened to mines a sx model 2000 1600

Tanks are vented, used to be through the fuel cap but this may have been superseded but the vent has to be in either the cap or the filler tube (high up) for logical reasons.
I'd check the caps as it may be you have non-standard fuel caps which are sealing too effectively, I'd consider removing the sealing washer (if present) or drilling a small hole in the side of the cap.

Mines a original with key and just got a scrappy ones with keys still no luck momme can't seem to pindiwn a breather pipe unless I drop tank

Back