Technical in process of fitting exhaust, HELP...

Currently reading:
Technical in process of fitting exhaust, HELP...

blu73

The Force is strong with this one.
Staff member
So my car is up on ramps and i have disconnected the mid section from the cat, and got the exhaust off the hanger in the middle but i can't get the back box off the hangers, now looking at it, it looks easiest to just cut them and get new ones to hang the exhaust on but there isn't any shops open and i need my car, anyone got any tips on how to get them off so i can re-use them...

Spraying them with WD40 or similar should help them slide off, but then your hands will also have less grip :D. Also, if it's cold the rubber is a bit stiff, you could try making it warmer, but not with fire!

Cheers,

Woj

So my car is up on ramps and i have disconnected the mid section from the cat, and got the exhaust off the hanger in the middle but i can't get the back box off the hangers, now looking at it, it looks easiest to just cut them and get new ones to hang the exhaust on but there isn't any shops open and i need my car, anyone got any tips on how to get them off so i can re-use them...

Halfrauds stock some which look like they'll fit. Open till 6?

But, what more or less keeps the old ones on is a bent up section right at the end of the metal bit which goes through the rubber. If you can take the weight off the backbox you can probably lever the rubbers off (use fairy liquid as a lubricant if you like). Otherwise, you can probably straighten out the bend at the end with mole grips or similar.

Halfrauds stock some which look like they'll fit. Open till 6?

But, what more or less keeps the old ones on is a bent up section right at the end of the metal bit which goes through the rubber. If you can take the weight off the backbox you can probably lever the rubbers off (use fairy liquid as a lubricant if you like). Otherwise, you can probably straighten out the bend at the end with mole grips or similar.

right lubing it has done naff all, will see if i can bend the bracket straighter..

You got a link to these hangers from halfords so i can have a gander

Push backbox upwards and then get a bit of leverage on the rubbers and they should come off after a bit of movement and pushing., I have Helfrauds rubbers on the OEM exhaust I fitted.

a little late but IIRC the mounts can be unbolted from the body, which is what I did then took the rubber off once the exhaust was on the floor... I might be thinking about the punto though.

And here it is...
Image0045.jpg

Image0102.jpg

Image0271.jpg

Its a 3".. Its a new sports mid section which replaces pipe between cat and mid silencer (don't think cinq's have these mid silencers though) connected to a supersprint back box. I'm well pleased with it, its quiet still but has a bit of a throat to it now, and engine revs freeer, not much obviously as its the only mod on there but still it feels better.

Back