Technical immobiliser

Currently reading:
Technical immobiliser

You would also need either the clocks from the donor car or to get the new clocks realigned to the can network in your car before they would work

Should be able to do a proxi alignment with a registered version of FES to get the clocks sorted.

I also believe, although could be wrong, that Shadeyman in the Stilo section managed to get a replacement BC from a scrappy to work in a different Stilo he put it in with the aid of FES. Is a big thread he made about the Stilo he recently brought as a none runner with electrical faults and fixed up. Might be worth a search for the thread OP (y)

You would need a body computer, engine ecu and ignition barrel with chipped key all from the same car to test this theory

So a £10 computer won't help you on its own

You would also need either the clocks from the donor car or to get the new clocks realigned to the can network in your car before they would work
so the replacement clocks i have probably wont work and the origonal is buggered anyway .... therfore as you say the BC might be ok (olthough it looks klike a scrapyard part not the origonal )
Should be able to do a proxi alignment with a registered version of FES to get the clocks sorted.

I also believe, although could be wrong, that Shadeyman in the Stilo section managed to get a replacement BC from a scrappy to work in a different Stilo he put it in with the aid of FES. Is a big thread he made about the Stilo he recently brought as a none runner with electrical faults and fixed up. Might be worth a search for the thread OP (y)
registered version of FES to get the clocks sorted looks like a google session is in order :slayer:
Might be worth a search for the thread OP
Thank you both for the help so far its very much appreciated :worship:

pity you didnt post the link originally
i think the seller is hiding something
if it was my car i would make sure all wiring to original spec from the factory
the idea that its had an aftermarket immobilisor cut out is a good one

i would then beg borrow or steal a bsi ecu and key and fit them

i still think all these problems stemmed from someone messing with different speedo heads and ive posted in the past this can damage the body computer because its putting power back down where it shouldnt as i tried on a 5 million

OK update time ...
it aint the body computer :cry: , long story short i fitted a bc and ecu and barrel from another V reg sporting and symptoms are the same :bang: al be it slightly different because the bC didnt have electric windows .. but still no joy :(
on another note there is no power to the coil pac , all fuses have continuity ( rather than a visual check )
so either i have some massive short circuit somewhere or there is an earth fault yes ?
Any ideas please i am seriously out of pocket on this i was hoping to break even on selling it but this looks to be impossible now ... even if i sell the gearbox and manage to get a refund on the lock set and scrap it i will be quids down (n):cry:
So to sum up i have no spark, random dash lights , no rev counter/speedo and the best one is no indicators (relay clicks double speed ) BUT if i put the hazards on i have both sides rear and side repeaters but no front indicators

Last edited:
yup :( especially after i replaced the one i ripped of when i dropped the old gearbox not realising it was still attached :eek:

and it had run since then .... im thinking the earth point in the foot well somewhere according to auto data .. if i can find it :D

OK another update , seeing as i have problems with the dash and the headlamps (no front indicators but rear and repeaters work ) i started poking around with the wiring .
At this precise moment i have removed the loom which interestingly is body computer ,dash , power to the engine bay relay box and headlamps . it looks ok but i am thinking there is a short circuit in there somewhere .

I have posted further up
I fitted another body computer ecu and barrel still the same , although this probably has nothing to do with no spark .... incidentally i have a brand new battery and it seems to run flat quickly just wondering if there is a short there or dodgy starter motor but one thing at a time ey

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff or making wrong assumptions, although I've read through this thread, you probably have another one. Also, There is a hell of a lot on this one already.

Righto. The speedo has probably caused the start of the problem being changed and bugering something up. From the cut wiring before you've had a look and the battery draining, I'd say there was a 3rd party immobiliser installed and removed probably thinking it was the problem. When removing it someone has probably just taped up the wires and stuck them behind a load of other wiring. Now the wiring is shorting out on something and is draining the battery.

I've had a few cars like this before, and unfortunatly, I've never managed to trace the problem back to one thing. It's been that one thing has cuased the problem, someone else has changed three other things to try and sort it, but knackered one of those items up. You end up chasing yourself round the wiring loom trying to sort the original balls up not realising there is a 2nd, possibly 3rd.

Might be worth getting (presuming you don't already) a code reader and seing if it brings anything up.

You could try getting a chip for the ECU too that has been de-immo'd so your 100% that isn't the problem.

I've read most of whats been written, some good advice some not so.
Firstly, if the code light goes on for a second then goes off, then you can forget about any problems with BC - keys etc. Its all around the ECU.
Check the fuel again, try not to spray everything and wait until the priming stops by leaving the key on. turn key to start and check that the fuel sprays out everywhere again.
Fuel sprays again then the problem is in the +12v supply to the ECU via engine relay and fuses etc.
No fuel spraying, then its most likely a crank sensor.

Its quite ok to discuss immobliser problems here in my opinion. no-one goes armed with BC, ECU keys etc to nick a Punto.
No-ones driven a Punto away without keys since about 1996.
Tony.

Thanks Tony after i have checked/replaced the loom if i am still having issues i will certainly check this out . but as i say everything is pointing to a short/break in the loom

UPDATE !!
Some good some not so , New loom fitted (had to use the old throttle wires ) she now starts and runs like a dream again :slayer:
All lights work all indicators work (y)
BUT , still no rev counter no speedo no temp gauge , think the fuel gauge is working but probably not .
No green indicator light no lights on warning light and no dash illumination .
Getting fed up with it now , need ideas as to why the dash is part working :worship:

Back