General I own one!

Currently reading:
General I own one!

I can't believe it's either roll bar or sunroof from the factory. That is a major structural member we are talking about here. It would cost a lot to have two different versions.

Also, the Sky Dome starts a ways back from the windscreen header. If you take this as an option, you either can not get or must give up (depending on the trim level) the crossways overhead storage bin. Also notice that the factory sunroof is in two parts. They did not cut the B pillar under the roof to install a large sunroof. I suspect they did not also cut or modify the A pillar for the same reason--strength. Notice the Sky Dome actually has two openings into the cabin but only the front one can be opened.

Mine does not have the Sky Dome. Didn't want to spend €1100 for a hole that makes the airco work harder and use more fuel!

i drove one on thursday :D

it was a diesel, maybe 1.3 mjet :confused:

was very nice to drive, apart from a terrible humming noise :(

the interior was nice, my only concern would be the cloth colour, a bit of a stain magnet

I own a Idea Eleganza in metallic batik orange, bought it earlier this year, put my Seicento Schumacher in part ex. Just one problem, the idea feels to big, think I should have bought a panda :mad:

I am going to own one in 7 weeks time once it is built. I went for a high spec 1.3 Multijet Dynamic as its as powerful as it gets in the UK. Went for the 16" alloys, blacked windows etc as it was all good value ££££. Had a demo for 2 days which I loved. With reference to the build quality of said vehicle. Keep it for 4 years then let somone else worry about it. It will definately keep going long after the seats look tatty and the second hand buyer will expect it. PS Giotto Orange Rocks!!

Will :)

Mine's about to turn 15000 miles and I bought it new in April of this year. No mechanical problems, but a number of strange noises from the rear suspension and the interior. Also had a lot of water on the foll in front of the passenger seat recently. Was it from the car wash or from running the airco? Wish I'd taken the orange one.

OK, mine's six months old today. It's done 28148 Km (mine's metric) or 17494 miles without missing a beat. Not bad.

On the sunroof thing,what about the stilo with the full sunroof (front to back 5 glass panel one piece sunroof) no anti-roll bar in that but I think they have to be specially made/ordered at factory.Dont quote me on this but I think thats right.

:)

OK, it's my Idea's first birthday!!!

54731 KM or 33994 miles.

Problems

Noise in rear suspension from new. Resolved by dealer.

Airco sends water onto the right front (passenger for my LHD car) carpet. Will have this checked when it's warm enough to run the AC again.

Rear wiper sometimes starts by itself. Will be resolved at my next service , in May.

Brake noise, resolved by replacing pads last week but no damage to the rotors.

And two flat tyres, so I just replaced them with a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 1's that I got at a knockdown price. An improvement over the OEM Goodyear NCT 5's

That's it. Nothing serious, starts and runs whenever asked and goes up to 190 KMH on the speedo, but it's about 10 KMH fast. That's 118 MPH minus 6, so 112 (where allowed and sometimes where not). The fuel mileage computer readings are something of a joke, saying I'm doing a lot better than I really am. Hey, I'm happy with it but I wish I had not taken the Jet Blue one. The color looked a lot better in the catalog that it does in reality.

raton_laveur said:
:)

OK, it's my Idea's first birthday!!!

54731 KM or 33994 miles.

Problems

Noise in rear suspension from new. Resolved by dealer.

Airco sends water onto the right front (passenger for my LHD car) carpet. Will have this checked when it's warm enough to run the AC again.

Rear wiper sometimes starts by itself. Will be resolved at my next service , in May.

Brake noise, resolved by replacing pads last week but no damage to the rotors.

And two flat tyres, so I just replaced them with a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 1's that I got at a knockdown price. An improvement over the OEM Goodyear NCT 5's

That's it. Nothing serious, starts and runs whenever asked and goes up to 190 KMH on the speedo, but it's about 10 KMH fast. That's 118 MPH minus 6, so 112 (where allowed and sometimes where not). The fuel mileage computer readings are something of a joke, saying I'm doing a lot better than I really am. Hey, I'm happy with it but I wish I had not taken the Jet Blue one. The color looked a lot better in the catalog that it does in reality.

I lied!

A few hours after posting this, I started driving home from work. There was a large cloud of smoke behind the car as I started it. The engine did not respond to the accelerator for the most part and the car was very sluggish. At about 2800 RPM, which took a long time to achieve, everything went back to normal again. The engine kept going between normal and weak as it warmed up. As it got to normal temperature, it settled down a bit but was still far from perfect. I decided the best thing to do was to head for the dealer and explain the problem. I arrive a little before closing and was told to bring the car back in the morning. I went home and then went through the smoky start and rough running agin the following morning. After about five minutes, the engine light came on but the thing settled down and ran perfectly back to the garage. I returned for it at the end of the day and it had been repaired. As I drove off, it seemed to have the same problem as before for the fiorst five minutes or so and then it sorted itself out and ran correctly. I wonder what the morning will bring...

raton_laveur said:
I lied!

A few hours after posting this, I started driving home from work. There was a large cloud of smoke behind the car as I started it. The engine did not respond to the accelerator for the most part and the car was very sluggish. At about 2800 RPM, which took a long time to achieve, everything went back to normal again. The engine kept going between normal and weak as it warmed up. As it got to normal temperature, it settled down a bit but was still far from perfect. I decided the best thing to do was to head for the dealer and explain the problem. I arrive a little before closing and was told to bring the car back in the morning. I went home and then went through the smoky start and rough running agin the following morning. After about five minutes, the engine light came on but the thing settled down and ran perfectly back to the garage. I returned for it at the end of the day and it had been repaired. As I drove off, it seemed to have the same problem as before for the fiorst five minutes or so and then it sorted itself out and ran correctly. I wonder what the morning will bring...

and, you have news for us?

i have an idea actualy. 30000km. no problems

I'v fitted some 16" Stilo alloys on my flash blue Idea! Looks the Dogs... :cool:

Attachments

• car.JPG
    car.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 45
Just didnt agree with it really. It was actually sold after two weeks but had to wait another before the barchetta arrived. Had a multipla before and so the idea had a lot to live up to and it just didnt.
Biggest pain was the A pillar on the drivers side, just couldnt see past going round right hand corners. Mirrors werent the best either i felt.
Sorry guys

OZ

Back