I only want the body kit resprayed!

Currently reading:
I only want the body kit resprayed!

oozy

Help! I bought my metallic silver punto a couple months ago with a body kit already fitted :D the only problem is that the kit was handsprayed which puts me off it abit ( they did a good job but it hasnt even been laquered :yuck:) im only a young student so i need 2 find a solution thats a reasonable price. Any suggestions? :rolleyes: cheerz

Attachments

• 10082008301.jpg
    10082008301.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 86
Not to pee on anyone elses bonfire but bearing in mind that the OP bought the car looking like this, I'm assuming that they quite like the look of the bumper. And since all they are asking is the best way to get a good coat of paint, not do you like it, I'd personally be inclined to say take it off, sand it down and do it yourself by hand but take your time. Since students are reknowned for not being able to afford anything I'll assume that a professional bodyshop is out of the question, unless you happen to know someone who works at one ... ;)

yeah i dont mind the bumper i havnt really seen any punto bumpers that i do like tbh :p nd if i cnt aford a profesional respray i def cant afford a new one! it will look much better when itz done properly anyway :D my mates gotta proper respray kit how bout that? thanks for the welcome too (y)
ps the badge was off wen i bought the car iv replaced it now

Last edited:
try wetsanding it with 1500 grit, then use some rubbing compound, make sure the surface is perfectly flat if not use more compound as appropriate, then use a good polish and itll come out a lot better

sam(y)

If on a budget I would try the above 1st
Be careful to test an area first as if there is no lacquer and the paint is spray tin then wet n dry could go straight through it, also a 2000 wet n dry might be better. ;) test an area to see if there is a lacquer on it.

The trouble is that the colour is off. not just the fact it is flat but it is off as well.

to do properly it wants a better colour match spraying on and then it wants a lacquer. On bumpers/skirts a 1k lacquer such as what you get in spray tins will be ok. :)

Last edited:
thanks for the advice :)
cant blieve my luck though, my back body kit has been hit twice this week! the worst one is on the wheel arch nd it must of hapend whilst the car was parked near my colege, they obviously drove away :bang: now it looks like ****, hoever sed that fibre glass craks on impact was right!
dno what i can do :( will the craks get bigger if i dont sort them?
the man who went into my back this mornn gave me his insurance details, but i dont no whether to bover caln the insurance because the uva damage is worse than what this man done today(nd im on TPFT)

if only i cld turn bk time... :mad:

Some good advice there for you oozy, my wife has jnust bought a punto and as both myself and my mrs are unemployed we've done the paint ourselves.

We bought primer, paint and lacquer (make sure you know the colour code) then we've sprayed the front and rear bumpers for about £70.00. A friend of mine had similiar bumpers professionally resprayed at a cost of £450.00. But we were lucky and had the use of a garage.

Hope some of this helps.

Back