How to remove a sticker?

Currently reading:
How to remove a sticker?

Geri

Hi!
Sorry, I'm new to forums and things - not sure I'm doing this right! My mk2 Punto has a sticker of red flames on the front (I've only just bought it) and they aren't for me! How can I get rid of them? Somebody told me nail varnish remover, but I don't think I want to put this on the nice black paint without getting some advice first! I also heard a hairdryer might do the trick? Really don't want to ruin the paintwork! Help!!

Hairdryer and heat it up then carefully peel it back.

Hairdryer and heat it up then carefully peel it back.

Seconded... this will normally do it.

You may however still be left with a residue mark at the edges of where the sticker was, normally removed with something like a petrol soaked rag.

Also note - your paint may have faded less under the sticker so they may leave their mark - this depends on how long they have been there and what colour your paint is.

Thanks for this - I was just logging on this morning to ask about the flame shaped goo marks now left all over the bonnet! A petrol soaked rag it is then.
Cheers.

some thing like tar remover would be kinder to the paint, also polish and wax after

I don't think a one off application would be too harmful, but yes a good wash and polish afterwards is a good idea too.

Oh and of course no smoking while you are doing it....:eek:

I don't think a one off application would be too harmful, but yes a good wash and polish afterwards is a good idea too.

Oh and of course no smoking while you are doing it....:eek:
Unless of course you want REAL flames across the bonnet :rolleyes:

lol definately no real flames thanks!! I think I will take my chances with the petrol rag and just be gentle. I will also attempt to polish and wax - any reccomendations for good brands to use to get the black paint shining? I am clueless at any of this stuff sorry :D

Back