Technical how to/Access to the DuoLogic transmission fluid tank?

Currently reading:
Technical how to/Access to the DuoLogic transmission fluid tank?

nedro018

can anyone advise how i can gain access to this transmission fluid tank and ck level/replace the fluid? i think it is under the battery area? links to pictures/videos?

any help would be appreciated thx much.

i can see a portion of the "baking dish" below the battery tray so i assume the battery would have to come out...

what (where) are the links to eLearn and parts fische?

i understand you want me to dig for this info the point of my question was to locate someone who has actually accessed this filling port to tell me how they did it. hence the purpose of a forum. thanks.

Assuming it is a close relation to the Dualogic used in Pandas and 500s, you can remove the shield without removing the battery, but it is easier with the battery & tray removed.
However, (again assuming...) the process for checking and "topping up" is not as simple as it sounds. To do it properly you need Fiat Examiner or MultiECUScan to perform certain necessary steps.
Doing it the wrong way could easily stuff the actuator completely, as can using the wrong fluid (Tutela CS-Speed).
Are you checking it because you have a leak (or suspect you might)?
If you have symptoms, it could be worth describing them - quite a few Dualogic owners on here with some (or more) knowledge.

irc,

thanks. i do not have symptoms as such im just trying to get ahead of the maint schedule by sucking out the fluid in the reservoir (but not completely so as not to introduce air into the system) with a turkey flavor injecting syringe then replacing the reservoir fluid with stock CS tutella spec.

i do have licensed ECU multiscan program on the laptop...how is it involved in this process?

There is a procedure to check the level, not near a computer right now so can't describe it properly though.
TBH you may introduce a problem by doing that - I would only really recommend changing the fluid when replacing the accumulator or pump (should really do both together anyway).
When left alone (and driven properly) they are actually pretty reliable.
Leaks kill them, some are spontaneous, many seem to be due to someone fiddling.
Also, people driving them like conventional automatics (cooks the clutch, clutch actuator starts to leak, introduces air & muck, knackered seals, rediculous quote from "expert" who hasn't got a clue what he's looking at, stunned disbelief, game over)

irc.

i see your point(s) i will hold off from this procedure ATT as i dont have any symptoms. i will search thru ECU multiscan and find this oil level parameter. prob under tranny section.

i drive my car in manual mode all of the time and i start off in first gear nimbly by anticipating the car movements in the queue in front of me...taking wear off the clutch plates.

i stay ahead of all of the fiat scheduled service intervals on all fluids/filters even the fuel filter. but the clutch fluid reservoir is a bit hard to get to.

hey charlie,

define what is:

"Have you studied the parts fische..?
Look in eLEARN..??

- Charlie"

subscriptions req'd for these? website links for both? what is a "parts fische"

i dont know about any of these things thats why im here. i did searches online for Elearn on fiats i got college courses. im still trying to figure out what a "parts fische" is.

can you send the links...thx much!

I’m intrigued by the possible greater ‘wear’ by using the fully auto mode. If it’s designed to this why does it cause problems? I’ve had a Fiorino and on my 3rd Qubo, all Dualogic with no g/box or clutch issues. I’ve always changed gear myself as I’m better and more eco than the computer!

As for anything ‘fische’ I can guess at the old school microfiche you’d get in lending libraries where a huge amount of text/books/manuals etc. Are stored on a small 4” square (approx., guessing..) piece of plastic and you use a special viewer to see all the photocopied/scanned pages, you see them on a kind of monitor screen (not a crt). Hope I’m not teaching grandmother to suck eggs but it is old school tech ?

R-V-M

Apologies for not being more clear (using a phone to type long explanations is a drag)
It's not a problem using the Dualogic in Auto mode. The problem is with driving technique - a conventional auto continually drags the car forwards, so drivers use this characteristic to "trickle" forward in traffic, and stop the car rolling back on hills.
The Dualogic doesn't do this. Trying to make it behave like this cooks the clutch (exactly the way as it would in a manual car, with the driver slipping the clutch on purpose).
It is a manual gearbox with a robot doing the clutch and gear selection, based on working out what the driver is trying to do.
That's why they respond best to "definite" rather than "timid" driving styles.

Back