Hi new here.

Currently reading:
Hi new here.

Pastaman

Like to ask anyone more know about my problem I am having with my fiat ducato 2,5td 280 1986.
Well , it started off with when engine hot after long drives I turn engine off and try to restart, nothing, new battery and battery full.
Have to wait till cooked off, so changed starter motor , seems to help but still having problems now and again.
Changed ignition switch.
Is there any suggestion???!!!
Or anything under bonnet getting to hot and can't work properly maybe.
Its realy annoying me as I am at the moment driving around italy and Sicily, really sucks.
Please help anyone.
Thank you so much.
Tony

Hi Tony,

Do you have a jumper/booster cable? 🤔

Next time it fails to Crank on the Starter...
Connect the Black booster cable to the Battery negative one end and the other end to engine metalwork /block

Try again 🙂

If it now Cranks on the Starter, your new earth connection indicates the Original factory fitted earth connection is failing.,😉

Do let us know what you find 👍

Hi Tony,

Connect the Black booster cable to the Battery negative one end and the other end to engine metalwork /block

Try again 🙂

If it now Cranks on the Starter, your new earth connection indicates the Original factory fitted earth connection is failing.,😉

Yes, I got the fat green cables, maybe after so many years need replacing have cleaned all connections. I have been now today run engine on high Reeves, seems to start ok.

I did notice by jump starting that I could only start her with a running car and not from a battery aloan?? Any idea why??

Yes, I got the fat green cables, maybe after so many years need replacing have cleaned all connections. I have been now today run engine on high Reeves, seems to start ok.
So just done a 300km drive and tried to turn engine and again 60 min later. Nothing .put jump lead on like u said. Nothing. Parked up for the night. When she had cooled down she will start. Weird it is and that is with a new starter motor.

Hi Tony,

Try again 🙂

Hi , think found problem, it could be the ignition, not working properly.

Back